Senior Retirement Actuarial Consultant I
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_049959-en Apply
Performs necessary calculations or analysis on special retirement projects analyzing their impact on all of a client’s retirement plans, including assumption studies, plan design studies, plan terminations, early retirement window studies, post retirement medical and acquisition studies.
Leads client meetings and presentations.
Directly supervises a small team of actuaries (typically 5 or fewer). Performs supervision, appraisals and acts as a mentor for employees under super vision.
Acts as final technical reviewer for mid-sized Client projects.
Acts as day to day contact for clients responsible for ensuring problem resolution.
- Job Description For PostingJob Description For PostingThe Sr. Retirement Actuarial Consultant I is the lead consultant on small to medium size clients or a co-lead consultant on large clients. This entails having complete responsibility for the Retirement Business's client relationship and client financials. This position has final sign off on client work and supervisory responsibility for junior staff. To fulfill this role, the Actuary may:
- Perform necessary calculations or analysis on special retirement projects analyzing their impact on all of a client's retirement plans, including assumption studies, plan design studies, plan terminations, early retirement window studies, post-retirement medical and acquisition studies.
- Review analyst and junior consultant analysis and client work; acts as final technical review for client projects.
- Lead client meetings and presentations.
- Acts as day to day contact for clients and is responsible for ensuring problem resolution.
- Supervise one or more employees as direct reports, having full authority for people management including: assigning, directing, and evaluating work; making hiring decisions; conducting performance evaluations and career development discussions; approving salary and bonus actions; and ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training.
- Create project work plans and monitor timelines and budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related field
- 5+ years pension related work experience preferably in a consulting environment
- Successful client relationship experience
- Proven project management experience
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Superior analytical ability
- Strong presentation skills
- Society of Actuaries ASA designation
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.