Senior Retirement Actuarial Consultant
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Secondary Locations: Philadelphia,Pennsylvania,United States;New York,New York,United States;Dallas,Texas,United States;Saint Louis,Missouri,United States;Seattle,Washington,United States;Columbus,Ohio,United States;Boston,Massachusetts,United States;San Francisco,California,United States;Chicago,Illinois,United States;Houston,Texas,United States;Washington,District of Columbia,United States;Los Angeles,California,United States;Denver,Colorado,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_055731-en Apply
We are looking for great people in multiple cities including: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, and Washington DC.
If you like the idea of helping clients achieve financial security, excel at providing high-level analysis, and have an eye for detail in reviewing client deliverables, an actuarial consulting career at Mercer might be a great fit for you. You will have complete responsibility for the Retirement Business's client relationship and client financials as well as final sign off on client work and supervisory responsibility for junior staff. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment, and we’re looking to attract and retain the best people. Join our Mercer Wealth team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Perform necessary calculations or analysis on special retirement projects analyzing their impact on all of a client's retirement plans, including assumption studies, plan design studies, plan terminations, early retirement window studies, post-retirement medical and acquisition studies.
- Review analyst and junior consultant analysis and client work; acts as final technical review for client projects.
- Lead client meetings and presentations.
- Acts as day to day contact for clients and is responsible for ensuring problem resolution.
- Supervise one or more employees as direct reports, people management responsibilities including: assigning, directing, and evaluating work; making hiring decisions; conducting performance evaluations and career development discussions; approving salary and bonus actions; and ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training.
- Create project work plans and monitor timelines and budgets.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor's degree in math, actuarial science, statistics, economics, finance or related field
- 5+ years pension-related work experience, preferably in a consulting environment
- Successful client-relationship experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Superior analytical ability
- Strong presentation skills
- Society of Actuaries ASA designation
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please send in your application.