Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_048328-en Apply
Mercer’s Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC helps clients achieve better outcomes, develop and deploy defensible strategies, and reshape the delivery of health care. We deliver an individualized focus, powered by industry-leading experience, integrated capabilities and passionate people. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 34 years to face the demands and pace of change with data-driven pricing, clinically-informed policy and trusted, reliable strategies to manage and deliver care.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC.
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com.
The purpose of this position is to provide general administrative support to senior-level manager(s) and/or a department under limited supervision and may coordinate projects with other administrative and executive assistants.
- Provides general administrative support to department
- Makes travel, appointment, and meeting arrangements
- Manages schedules and prioritizes day for department manager
- Assists in the preparation of client proposals, communications, and reports
- Prepares reports and correspondence by taking minutes and distributing as appropriate
- Creates and maintains correspondence and data files
- Answers routine inquiries from internal and external customers, relaying messages as appropriate
- Conducts research, compiles data, and provides findings to appropriate individual
- Minimum High School Diploma required; College degree preferred
- Minimum 3-years administrative support experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills, including extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Must have outstanding written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while adapting to changing deadlines and priorities
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Strong judgment, discretion, confidentiality and decision making skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, integrity, trust, and confidentiality
- Ability to make decisions with limited direction
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy
Our deep knowledge bank, with winning strategies, creative ideas, tested innovation and industry recognized guidelines are why clients choose Mercer. This is our foundation, but our people bring everything to life, sharing their experience and knowledge to improve every outcome. Employees choose Mercer for career growth, as well as
the opportunity to assist clients in providing efficient and innovative ways to deliver vital health care services. Projects include helping clients navigate the Affordable Care Act, program design for innovative models of health care, analyzing health care costs and trends, and assessing quality incentives and strategies to improve overall managed care program effectiveness. Mercer’s stimulating and learning filled environment helps build strong relationships with colleagues and our clients.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.