Senior Human Resources Transformation Consultant - Pacific Northwest
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Secondary Locations: Portland,Oregon,United States;Boise,Idaho,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_081148-en Apply
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position to based in the Pacific Northwest market.
What can you expect?
As a Principal-level HR Transformation Consultant, you will focus in three key areas:
- Partner with other senior consultants and client managers to identify target organizations in the mid-to-large market for HR transformation services
- Lead discussions with prospects and clients on Mercer’s HR Transformation value proposition and service offerings
- Prepare proposals and present Mercer’s capabilities to a wide range of prospects and stakeholders;
- Work to bring opportunities to successful close; negotiate final engagement terms and execute Statements of Work (SOWs) and Engagement Letters
- Lead the delivery of HR Transformation engagements, including acting as overall program manager, peer reviewer and day-to-day client contact
- Projects typically include some or all of the following: HR strategy development, operational assessments, readiness assessments, process redesign, HR operating model design, HR organizational design, HR shared services planning and implementation, sourcing strategies (insourcing v outsourcing), technology enablement, vendor selection, HR operating model and technology implementation support
- Have responsibility for managing project economics – delivery on time and within budget
- Manage delivery team(s) and ensure quality and value of all project deliverables for your engagements
- Direct and oversee data compilation, research and analysis performed by team members on HR transformation projects (e.g., cost and volume analysis, benchmarking, survey results, etc.)
- Contribute to thought leadership, sales pipeline, methodology development and team working environment; be viewed as a leader and mentor to junior staff
- Contribute to Mercer’s overall value proposition by building positive working relationships across the firm
Our ideal candidate will have these core competencies:
- At least 8+ years of external/internal consulting experience related to successful delivery of HR Transformation projects for large organizations
- At least 5 years of proven experience as a program manager, managing large scale projects with multiple workstreams
- In depth content knowledge in at least three of the following HR areas;
- strategy, technology, organizational effectiveness, organizational design and operating models, process redesign or employee experience management
- Content knowledge in the full spectrum of HR (i.e., talent acquisition, talent, rewards, performance, etc.)
HR Technology Experience
- Strong working knowledge of core HRMS such as Workday, SAP, SuccessFactors, Oracle and Lawson
- Strong working knowledge of best of breed technologies in support of HR for Recruitment, Time and Attendance, Payroll, Rewards, Learning, Talent Management, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of shared services technologies such as case management, knowledge management, document management, telephony, etc.
- Ability to successfully write proposals for new business opportunities and to present proposed projects to executive level management
- Ability to identify, design, and recommend comprehensive, innovative solutions to help solve clients' complex business issues
Other Relevant Experience
- BA/BS degree in business, information systems, HR management or organizational psychology; Master's degree preferred.
What's in it for you?
As part of Mercer, we offer top-notch benefits:
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plans with choices to fit all needs and budgets
- Benefits coverage starting Day 1
- Generous time-off
- In addition, discounts on auto and pet insurance, products, services, and more
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.