Location: Prague, Czechia
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_047798-en Apply
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
- Assists in basic quantitative analysis projects under the guidance of senior project team members through modeling/mapping client exposure and response to natural hazards in order to deliver natural peril analyses to senior project team members.
- Gathers raw exposure data from the client and from natural hazard and geoscience data sources for use in analyses and organizes data subsets and attributes for use in performing basic analyses.
- Performs basic analyses/Arc GIS mapping and modeling by processing and migrating data among Text, Dbase, Access, and SQL, and by developing or leveraging scripted code in R, Python, or SQL, in order to assist in quantifying risk and client portfolio management.
- Assists senior project team members in preparing and formatting summaries, presentations and reports in order to communicate findings to internal and external clients.
- Researches and summarizes industry and scientific data of specific or regional perils in order to use additional sources of information in basic analyses and client reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in data science, computer science or related quantitative field such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering or operations research.
- Proactive mindset; a desire and ability to lead internal initiatives and research projects to completion.
- An understanding of the reinsurance industry and product lines preferred
- Technical expertise working with AIR and RMS catastrophe models preferred
- Superior data management skills. This individual must have the ability to manipulate, interpret, and extrapolate complex data.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. An ability to translate complex technical analysis and concepts into easily understandable terms for brokers and clients.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- A collaborative, team-oriented individual.
- Strong interpersonal skills.