Health Management Consultant
Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_061134-en Apply
MMA Mid-Atlantic - Richmond, VA
Health Management Consultant
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
- Develop and promote health and wellbeing initiatives for MMA’s clients. Provide ongoing support and education in keeping with MMA’s corporate service philosophy. This positon will work with assigned clients, the respective account team and National PATH (Planning and Analytics for Total Health) team to identify behaviors and factors that influence or compromise health; identify factors that inspire learning or factors that hinder or foster the clients population health the process of health education. Evaluate available data to provide guidance and recommendations to clients regarding population health management as well as seek opportunities for health and wellbeing initiatives with prospects.
- Responsible for the strategic planning, implementation and evaluation of population health management programs for assigned clients
- Implement data-driven programs. Work in conjunction with brokers, account managers and where applicable the MMA PATH clinical and health management consultants to review, analyze, and make recommendations on clients’ wellness initiatives and health education programs.
- Work with the PATH Chief Medical Officer (CMO), National Directors of Clinical Consulting and Health Management Consulting and data analytics team to coordinate medical intelligence reports and PATH recommendations. Review, interpret and present analyses and recommendations to the client alongside account management team and PATH clinical consultant.
- Using the preferred PATH vendor inventory and other sources as appropriate, determine vendors from whom to obtain proposals. Manage vendor proposal process. Meet with client to review options and make recommendations relative to the clients wellness goals.
- Participate as requested in PATH strategy and planning sessions, collaborate with PATH HMC peers and the National Director of Health Management Consulting to deliver a consistent population health management strategy.
- Manage wellbeing vendor relationship on behalf of client. Maintain communications and coordinate activities with outside vendors providing services to client. Interact with client and health and wellness vendor to resolve service issues.
- Manage annual vendor evaluation process, interpret results and present to account team and client.
- Review vendor updates and other industry publications to stay current with changes in vendor programs, health and wellness developments, as well as legislative mandates.
- Documentation in agency management system (AMS) with client health management strategies, wellness plan data, and upload all pertinent plan documents into AMS file structure. For non AMS systems file, document and maintain in PATH 2.0 drive.
- Support both national and local population health initiatives.
- Participate in local, regional and/or national population health or wellbeing organizations
- Stay current on health management and wellbeing trends and competitive landscape.
- Accountable/Reliable/Responsible - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions, in addition to being dependable and trustworthy.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills/Conceptual Thinking - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem, including the ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Written and Oral - Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively using written and spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Honesty/Integrity/Ethical - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field required, Masters preferred. Public health, population health management, exercise physiology, nursing or other related field of study.
- Experience: 5+ years prior experience in the health education field preferred
- Certification in population health, wellness or coaching desired but not required; examples include:
- ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist or
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer® or
- ACSM Certified Group Exercise Instructor SM or
- Certification from WellCoaches
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and ability to quickly learn agency management software. Must be able to use Outlook for written communication, as well as maintaining and responding to calendar, appointment and meeting invitations.
- Ability to become proficient with the use of the Artemis Health data platform.
- Travel to various office and client locations will be required. Percent of travel approximately 25%. Must have valid transportation.