Executive & Professional Specialty Practice Account Executive
Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States
Secondary Locations: Roanoke,Virginia,United States;Charlotte,North Carolina,United States;Raleigh,North Carolina,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_044538-en Apply
MMA Mid-Atlantic Executive & Professional Specialty Practice Account Executive
Richmond, Roanoke, Charlotte, or Raleigh (245-19)
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
- Supports producers in regard to Executive, Professional and Privacy Liability insurance coverages by developing initial and on-going business and consultative relationships with clients, prospective clients and carriers.
- Markets and negotiates new and renewal accounts. Oversees the marketing process, renewal and new business process for Executive, Professional and Privacy Liability for private and non-profit insureds.
- Working with Producer/Account Manager to develop a marketing strategy
- Reviewing applications for completeness and following up with Producer/Account Manager or client to obtain necessary information.
- Sending applications to Carriers in accordance with company procedures.
- Receiving and reviewing renewal and new business quotes from carriers, comparing coverages and forms; and negotiating coverages with underwriters
- Prepares proposals and other carrier products
- Binds Coverage with carriers as needed
- Assists and supports Executive & Professional Specialty Practice team with ongoing initiatives with a variety of carriers to provide vetted solutions for account management teams, relative to the Executive, Professional and Cyber Liability lines of coverage.
- Reviews prospects policies and provides appropriate feedback.
- Works closely with MMA Mid-Atlantic divisions to provide quality consultation services and serve as a resource to producers, account managers and clients.
- Handles book of business for Executive, Professional and Privacy Liability for private and non-profit insureds.
- Receives phone calls from clients and production teams and responds to the request. Advises the Producer of any potential issues or questions, as necessary.
- Meets with producers and account teams to discuss issues, and resolve problems.
- Maintains proper level of communication and builds effective relationships with producers, account teams and carrier partners (underwriters and marketing).
- Strong oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential; ability to develop and mentor employees.
- Must be a self-starter, process oriented, demonstrate resourcefulness and have exceptional time management/organization skills.
- Demonstrates industry knowledge and understands coverages and business processes and can communicate this information to other team members.Personal commitment to develop industry knowledge and leadership skills.
- Sound knowledge of agency automation system and business processes essential.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to function in a fast paced, environment with multi-state operations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Risk Management or similar field of study required.Juris Doctor in Law or Masters in Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working with Executive, Professional and / or Privacy Liability products, whether in an underwriting, adjuster, agent or attorney role.
- P&C Insurance License or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills essential.
- Occasional travel to various locations may be required.Must have valid transportation.