Marketing Intern (MMA Corporate)
Location: Rockville, Maryland, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_054845-en Apply
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner. Although we are not integrating the businesses with Marsh, we are able to leverage the value of our respective capabilities and intellectual capital in those instances where there is a compelling case for collaboration between MMA and Marsh.
Mid-size companies need a partner they can trust and that can provide additional tools for opportunity and growth. We strive every day to service those needs. We successfully bridge the gap between what the “big firms” offer and the advice, solutions, and programs that smaller businesses require.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
Position Profile and Summary:
The internship is a part time position (~24 hours/week) lasting approximately mid-June through August (10 weeks). Interns are under close supervision and performance is monitored to determine qualification for advancement as opportunities arise.
The Marsh & McLennan Insurance Agency LLC marketing intern program is designed to prepare individuals to progress into a Marketing position and builds the skills and knowledge needed to do so by being provided the opportunity to help market an initiative from the ground up. Throughout the internship, the Marketing Intern will build product knowledge needed to successfully obtain a marketing position in the future. Marketing Interns work in a variety of situations, at times working as members of a team and other times working alone on an assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the creation and marketing of training collateral.
- Assist with the transfer of information between learning management systems.
- Assist with the research and development of presentations and preparations for meetings.
- Assist the SVP of our Align Initiative in performing day-to-day administrative duties.
- Job shadow SVP of Align Initiative on general tasks
Education and/or Experience:
- Undergraduate within 1-2 years of graduation, working toward a Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business, marketing, or technology related field of study, and with a competitive academic standing.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Adobe) with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish rapport with prospective and existing clients and internal associates.
- Results oriented with demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Ability to work semi-autonomously in a fast paced environment.