Risk Analytics Consultant (Junior or Experienced Actuary)
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Company: MarshJob ID R_038375-en Apply
General Summary and role profile
Do you have a quantitative and/or actuarial background, looking for the possibility to combine your analytical, communicative and commercial skills to help drive growth and are you interested in joining a global leader in risk management and insurance broking? Marsh is currently recruiting for an actuary or related profession to lead the Marsh Risk Analytics’ (MRA) team in the Netherlands. MRA represents the engine room and the content creation part of Marsh’s Business with its resources fully dedicated to modelling, benchmarking, loss parameterization and data management: to foster consistency, the MRA unit includes all activities related to risk retention strategies and risk financing optimization solutions.
This position will work closely with the Client Executive (current clients) or Account Owner (prospects) who are accountable for driving both new and expanded business to clients and prospects. Balances technical competence and financial acumen and is able to facilitate sophisticated sales/renewal meetings to reach the best risk solutions. Possesses a unique ability to keep pace with and lead discussions in a dynamic C-suite transactional environment.
The Risk Analytics Consultant will also assume the sales lead role in a unique approach to closing complex risk solutions selling to both Risk Managers and C-suite executives.
As part of your day-to-day responsibilities, you be responsible for the following:
- Accountable for delivering, among others, risk financing optimization, natural catastrophe modelling and benchmarking activities for clients and prospects
- Collaborate with other Risk Analytics teams at regional and global level
- Build up an internal Risk Analytics team that supports the local go-to-market strategy
- Participate at meetings with clients in cooperation with client executives and sales resources
- Take part at quarterly regional leadership calls and annual off-site meeting
- Attend sales training events and professional development courses to enhance personal skills and technical competencies.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Possess excellent and proven business skills with emphasis in organizational selling
- Fluent proficiency in Dutch and English (both written and spoken)
- Proven skills in Analytics (Finance, Data science including Statistical/Stochastic modeling, Ability to work with large data volumes, etc.)
- Ability to operate in an active deadlines-driven environment
- Ability to work in a team
- Demonstrate sales aptitude, communication skills, building and maintaining relationships, coordinating others, business acumen, strategic reasoning and a results focus
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of company sanctioned email, word processing and spreadsheet software as well as navigation with the Internet. Possesses fundamental knowledge of office databases and company sanctioned sales technology tools
- Hold a high University degree in Econometrics/Mathematics/Actuarial science/Finance or similar with several years of work experience
- An AAG title is would be desirable
About Us (Marsh):
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programmes. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.