Account Executive, Employee Health & Benefits (MMA-NE)
Location: Saddle Brook, New Jersey, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_048199-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining our industry leadership. Discover how much more is possible as you grow or advance your career.
This role is a senior level position within the Group Divisions and is responsible to make certain MMA’s mission is communicated and the servicing requirements of any assigned account are strictly adhered. This position will require the direct handling of an assigned book of business as well as direct participation in securing new clients. Technical knowledge of Employee Benefits coverages, availability of products, design of programs, client enhancement features, and delivery systems; along with financial literacy, leadership of MMA’s direction, articulate in speaking and the written word, along with comfort displayed in front of prospects and clients showing them high level capability is essential. This role will be the primary point person within the service team dedicated to the client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Producer, Practice Leader, Account Manager & Account Specialist
- Leadership oversight over sight for client objectives and head the delivery of final product & financial oversight for the client
- Review as appropriate data to be used to market the opportunity
- Direct involvement with team of determination if current plan meets the objectives of client and provide recommendations to help secure the proper program
- Evaluate and provide insight as necessary for final negotiate rates with carriers and coverage afforded
- Work with team on presentation to prospect as appropriate
- Participate in presentations as appropriate
- Completely Understand MMA’s Value Proposition and advise or partake in implementation
Maintain Assigned Accounts through:
- Pro-active management in total of all assigned accounts;
- Strategy, multi-year planning, and design execution and implementation of benefit plans and account activities
- Detailed knowledge and continuous updating of account’s business objectives, strategies and issues as well as accounts Human Resources objectives, strategies and issues
- Regular contact and communication with the assigned client services representative, team members including producer, insurance marketplace, product marketplace
- Regularly review of financial information and claims activity with team members being certain the client is communicated with regularly as to how the plan is running
- MMA Benefits tools utilization
- Provide oversight in the consultation required:
- to answer administration questions, plan recommendations, discussing regulatory updates, claim reports, assistance with claim issues via Health Advocate and customer service problems with the carriers
- to assist accounts with communications to their employees
- other functions required by team members
- Renewals: Working closely with the Account Manager( Advisory) to be certain activity occurs around:
- Initiation, communication and management of the renewal timeline
- Renewal receipt from carriers
- Analysis, negotiation with carriers, and presentation to client and/or Producer
- Plan changes
- Activity required within WorkSmart and BenefitPoint
- Maintain excellent carrier relationships;
- Learned knowledge and leadership in certain product and distribution options;
- Regional resource participation as requested
- All other duties as assigned.
- Possess strong communication skills necessary for interacting with prospects and existing clients.
- Excellent client facing presentation skills and negotiation skills
- Possess strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate a high proficiency of Employee Benefit Insurance, products and services.
- High proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of web based agency management systems such as Benefitpoint and ImageRight is preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the Employee Benefits insurance with at least 5 years in retail insurance brokerage is preferred.
- Maintain a valid State appropriate insurance license for Life/Health.
- College Degree is preferred.