Account Manager, Business Insurance (MMA-NE)
Location: Saddle Brook, New Jersey, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_062256-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining our industry leadership. Discover how much more is possible as you grow or advance your career.
MMA is currently looking for candidates to join our Commercial Business Insurance team in our Saddle Brook, NJ location. We are looking for innovative and entrepreneurial thinkers that will strategically partner with our large commercial clients, driving their organizations forward utilizing the insurance and risk platform.
The Account Manager position will manage an assigned book of business. This position will ensure MMA-NE service standards and value proposition are carried out in a consistent, meaningful accountable and professional matter. Provide a professional service to our client’s by having the ability to multi task, working on several issues at a time and working with several clients each day to insure that their coverage’s are quoted, bound, endorsements processed, polices are received, and all required documentations are received. The Account Manager must be able to work independently, as well as maintain relationships with our clients. This position must interact professionally with MMA-NE producers and other MMA-NE Business Insurance staff while servicing accounts in a proactive nature.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily client service functions;
- Oversee ongoing account service activities;
- Participate in new business development and proposals ;
- Manage all facets of renewal process;
- Establish consistently maintain effective and positive working relations with associates and clients;
- Administer the day to day management of the account work;
- Prepare submissions and market renewal business under direction of practice leader or manager;
- Deal directly with underwriters and clients on all day to day issues and provide ongoing service to clients;
- Assure proper handling of outstanding binders, policy checking function, and policy renewals;
- Provide assistance in all claim problems;
- Fully utilize MMA-NE resources,;
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or preferably, college degree
- 3+ years of experience in insurance business as a technician preferred
- Active Property/Casualty Agent’s/Broker’s license required
- Extensive (in-depth) knowledge of applicable insurance products/lines and risk management techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of how products are utilized and administered.
- Working knowledge of markets and marketing techniques.
- Advanced insurance designations applicable to the above duties strongly preferred as well as a willingness to pursue continuing education and professional development.