Claims Analyst (MMA-NE)
Location: Somerset, New Jersey, United States
Secondary Locations: Saddle Brook,New Jersey,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_060976-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining our industry leadership. Discover how much more is possible as you grow or advance your career.
The Claims Analyst fosters relationships with insurers and clients, communicating with them to ensure that their needs and expectations are met. Manages complex claims processes and identifies relevant internal trends to communicate to Claims Advisory Advocate or Loss Control Specialist. Provides high level expertise and reviews complex escalated claims in order to determine coverage and what policies will be impacted by a claim and provides resolution where possible
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build strong carrier relationships with adjusters and other claims team members in forming partnerships that support both the clients’ needs and carrier objectives
- Analyze, prioritize and interpret information drawing accurate conclusions with minimal guidelines; review and analyze policy(ies) to ensure any and all coverage that is applicable is triggered in the event of a loss.
- Carrier Interfacing:
- Identify special claim instructions that carrier partners are willing to provide
- Identify client eligibility for risk management services via the insurer
- Communicate effectively with carriers to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Provide coverage and claims strategy advice to clients and internal team members.
- Monitor trending within claims activity; communicate effectively with internal teams for awareness of any coverage issues or pending carrier issues.
- Remit claims related data such as loss statistics, key trends, cost reduction opportunities and other data in order to assist development of action plans to manage client's total cost of risk.
- Provide recommendations to the internal marketing, sales & service teams regarding trending coverage issues in a way to mitigate and further engage our clients in understanding the coverage available to enhance their risk management portfolio.
- Act as in-house Risk Administrator for clients by reviewing, investigating and processing reports and claims.
- Identify and analyze losses in order to assist in developing an effective plan of action in reducing claim frequency and controlling costs for insureds.
- Setting up and maintaining claim/loss trending, tracking and process improvement reports which include maintaining claim management notes.
- Project Experience Modification Factor in Smart Comp system – including graphs, charts and projections.
- Develop Loss Stratification Reports & Trending Analysis
- Severity / Frequency Trending by Location and cause of injury
- Implement claim advocate best practices model for captive business, Joint Fund business and any similar arrangements.
- Complete Loss Control reports for Strategic Unit
- Prepare for quarterly claims reviews.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial claims preferred
- Property/Casualty Agent’s/Broker’s license required
- High School Diploma or preferably, college degree
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to present verbally and in written form complicated information