Claims Coordinator (MMA-NE)
Location: Somerset, New Jersey, United States
Secondary Locations: Mt. Laurel,New Jersey,United States;Saddle Brook,New Jersey,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_081193-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining our industry leadership. Discover how much more is possible as you grow or advance your career.
The Claims Coordinator utilizes expertise and knowledge of claims processes to communicate with clients and insurers and serve as the first point of contact at MMA for new claims. The position also collects and organizes claims data to identify pertinent trends internal to the team such as process inefficiencies, issues with claim resolution and possible escalation. This position works with colleagues in the Claim Advisory unit and Account Managers in the Business Insurance unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tracks receipt of Client Accident Reports for Business Insurance by mail or phone to ensure operational excellence and to maintain ongoing and professional communication with insurers, clients and underwriters to ensure that client and insurer related materials are cataloged, distributed and readily available to the team.
- Distributes new claims notifications and updates to the team in order to ensure information is shared is consistent and clear
- Obtain Carrier and Agency Loss Runs to monitor claim closures, reserve increases or decreases.
- Files incoming documentation for clients and underwriters, guidance and feedback to colleagues to keep documentation organized in Agency Management System, ImageRight.
- Monitor and update Client loss/claims files and provide follow-up on status of claims, including denials, acceptances, requests for additional information and ROR letters to Clients and Account Executives.
Loss Trending and Loss Report Generation
- Generates and reviews claims reports to ensure accurate records are produced and distributed to the team
- Consistently review and monitor service fee agreements to ensure execution of the outlined services to be reported in the claims engagement calendar
- Assist with the preparation of a coordinated Value Added Service Plan for the top 50+ clients by preparing and entering data for accurate reporting to insureds.
- Process loss summaries.
- Assist in maintaining the Quarterly Large Claim Status Report for Agency Review.
- Prepare and maintain monthly/quarterly/bi-annual claim status reports and corresponding pivot tables/charts for loss trending for key clients.
- Manage 24/7 Claim Hotline & Answering Service messaging
- Communications to our clients as it pertains to special weather conditions
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in commercial claims preferred
- High School Diploma or preferably, college degree
- Property/Casualty Agent’s/Broker’s license preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Skill in calendaring, spreadsheets and data management, organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to present verbally and in written form complicated information