Benefit Service Associate
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_049237-en Apply
Under direct supervision of the Client Service Executive, provide administrative and project support to client service teams. This position will workwith a variety of associateswithin a Practice Group, and atothertimeswill work independently on assignments. This position prepares individuals for promotion to the Benefit Analyst position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist client service teams with the insurance bidding and renewal process.
- Review census data, plan design, rate information, experience data, and related materials to ensure that necessary and accurate information is submitted to renew / continue the policy.
- Work with carrier representatives to resolve discrepancies regarding missing or inaccurate information on the submissions and communicate the status of submissions to client service team members to ensure marketing submissions are processed a timely manner.
- Using approved templates, prepare and coordinate creation of new / renewal binders and iPad presentations, open enrollment communications, and other client presentation materials.
- As skill and efficiency in performing the above duties develops, workwith team members to learn how to analyze coverage and premium rate options to determine how best to meet client needs.
- Provide general administrative support to client service teams.
- Upload presentations to iPads and generally maintain iPads assigned to the Practice Group.
- Upload client data to mobile applications.
- Work withwebsite vendors to maintain client websites.
- Createand maintain wallet ID cards as requested.
- Process Broker of Record letters internally and with carriers.
- Maintain client and carrier contacts in requested internal systems.
- Prepareclient records to be filedfollowing policy renewals and on an ongoing basis.
- Update and assist in maintaining agency management and filing systems uponrenewal and during special project requests.
- Coordinate open enrollment and other client communication materials as requested.
- Research trends and update benchmarking templates as requested.
- Provide general day-to-day support to clients as skill and knowledge develops.
- Act as liaison for client to research and resolve coverage, claim, and administrative problems.
- Escalate claimissueswithinthe department andwithour carrier partners, using resources andknowledge of procedures.
- Recognize areas of concern and potential issuesand work with client service team to developsolutions.
- Adhere to internal process and procedures and keep abreast of changing regulations.
- Follow processes and procedures as outlined in the Procedure Manual.
- Attend departmental and carrier meetings to gain an understanding of health plan types and coverage options, and learn about changes/trends occurring in the insurance marketplace.
- Develop good relationships with others on the client service team.
- Share information with team members to create a network of informationwithin the Department.
- Attend monthly service team meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Provideback up to other service team members as requested.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individualwhois comfortable working at a varyingpace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interactswithand provides service to internal associates and has contact with clients and vendors. The Benefits Service Associate mustbe positive and approachable, have a professional demeanor, and workeffectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required unless otherwise noted:
- Bachelor degree is preferred. However, a minimum 2 years’ experience working in a professional office setting providing administrative support with a heavy emphasis on accuracy and detailed work can be considered in lieu of college.
- Familiarity with the key features of commonly offered plan types (i.e., HMO, PPO, CDHP-HSA)and a basic knowledge of employee benefit insurance terminology and coverage options preferred.
- Proficiency in using the internet and Microsoft Office applications to include Outlook, Word,Excel,andPowerPoint to create, formatand update documents, presentations, and spreadsheets which contain tables, charts, graphs and advanced formulas.
- Above average mathskillstocalculate ratios, rates and percentages.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, resolve problems, plan appropriately and make sound decisions within the scope of job responsibilitieswhenthere are changes in workloadand when under the pressure of deadlines.
- Strong verbal and writing skills to communicate in a concise, logical and professional manner.
- Dependablewith the self-initiative to follow through on assignments and work productively withothers in a team environment..
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to use computer keyboardand sit in a stationary position for extended periods as well as the use of office equipment such as fax and copy machines, and telephones.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Occasional overtime may be required.