Senior Employee Benefits Program Associate
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_049962-en Apply
The Employee Benefit Programs Associate II provides assistance to meet Client needs and resolve difficulties. This position provides benefits administration for MMA’s Trust programs which includes COBRA processing, PlanSource (online enrollment system) management, process documentation and light accounts payable/receivable responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a senior resource for internal teams and department, Clients, and Carriers in the administration of the Trust programs.
- Using existing configuration documents update the employer portal in PlanSource. Updates could include changes to plan design, text, rates, and eligibility as well as uploading documents.
- Update the employer portal in PlanSource during each Trust’s annual renewal processing.
- Test the employer portal in PlanSource verifying accuracy of all screens, plan configuration, plan information, and plan documents before release to Client.
- Provide COBRA processing utilizing the PlanSource system for Client’s new hires, qualifying events, and termination.
- Respond and resolve routine issues the Client may encounter regarding receipt of benefit services and coverage questions.
- Provide day to day Trust administration which could include:
- Provide enrollment materials and member ID’s and cards as needed.
- Analysis of the activities in the PlanSource system to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Research with carriers/vendors participant level issues including urgent updates.
- Manage the general emails sent to the Beyond Benefits Admin Email Box.
- Reconcile vendor /carrier payments and invoices.
- Add client paid employer COBRA subsidies to PlanSource.
- Review and process PlanSource Work Status Events which compare employees’ information to the client’s configuration for each plan.
- Create and maintain process documentation.
- Provide training and guidance for new associates.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and has high levels of contact with external vendors. The Employee Benefit Programs Associate must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required unless otherwise noted:
- Must possess a strong understanding of health and welfare plan benefits and carriers such that this expertise is recognized by colleagues and clients. This level of expertise is generally acquired through 3-4 years of experience providing group health and benefits sales or service while at a brokerage or carrier.
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
- Accounts Payable experience including basic bookkeeping experience a plus but not required.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide non-technical explanations to technical matters, and summarize and present information in a clear, concise and accurate written and verbal format.
- Ability to make independent decisions and use good judgment in addressing and servicing client and team needs.
- Prior experience working with carriers’ EDI files a plus but not required.
- Maintain a valid unrestricted Life and Disability License in California and meet the continuing education requirements.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to include work experience creating tables, charts, graphs, pivot tables and formulas.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs/day) required on occasion due to attendance and participation at networking, and industry functions that begin well before the workday, and may extend well into the evening. Extended work hours also required during peak annual renewal processing.