Health & Benefits Senior Consultant
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_046128-en Apply
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, developing solutions for retirement or delivering innovative strategies, Mercer positions their clients for success. Wesee client’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor is the foundation for each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years we've embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes many backgrounds,
Senior Consultant -Health & Benefits
This is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced consultant in our growing Health & Benefits Consulting Practice. This role works independently and will require excellent client communication & management, serving as a point of contact for our complex and sophisticated clients.
This involves developing client strategy and vendor relationships. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Data analysis (example include review claims and utilization data and look for trends and patterns); may involve use of the underwriting model to develop self-funded claims projections, rate setting and employee cost sharing
- Provides high level financial, contract and/or administrative analysis, managing portions of the projects including reviewing work done by analyst
- Review internal compliance and client disclosure requirements, external vendor contracts, summary plan documents (SPD's) and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations and legal requirements
- Manage ad-hoc client requests including problem-solving on administrative and operations issues
- Participate as a member of the consulting team in developing overall client strategy
- Managing the scope, quality, timeliness and budget of multiple client deliverables and lead teams in researching, analyzing, and evaluating medical / pharmacy, dental, vision, and life and disability benefits plans and programs
- Reviews RFP information gathered but the team, analyzes and interprets the results, edits and finalizes the executive summary report, and sends this report to the client.
- Develops and maintains personal and working relationships with key client stakeholders to transition into the role of a trusted advisor and facilitate the sharing of advice and information relevant to the client, developing new and expanded business, and gaining client referrals.
- Communicate with clients and develop relationships in addition to involved in developing strategies to meet clients’ needs, and takes on the role of a trusted advisor
- BA/BS preferred
- At least four years of industry related experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team
At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers