Human Resources Transformation Consultant/Project Manager
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_052538-en Apply
The market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. So what competitive advantage is left?
The answer: people. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come.
Mercer's Career business is actively searching for an experienced Human Resources Transformation (HRT) Consultant/Project Manager who will be the primary contact for our clients.
Key responsibilities --
- develops initial recommendations and supporting documentation for proposed client solutions
- assists with new business development by managing the entire proposal process including developing draft proposals, coordinating the production and delivery of the proposal, as well as presenting proposal material at client/prospect meetings
- identifies potential sales opportunities both within and across other Mercer Lines-of-Business (LOBs) and initiates a response to those opportunities. Serves as an internal subject matter resource to HR Effectiveness (HRE) and Human Capital professionals
- provides assessment, consulting and project management related to HR structure, processes, performance and technology
- works closely with Mercer Digital to help enhance HR and employee technology
Analysis: Performs analysis, or oversees junior consultants performing HR-related analysis, of various sources of data/information including: best practice research, HR/technical/industry knowledge, etc.
Independently reviews data/information to draw out implications, find patterns, identify anomalies/issues, determine underlying causes, and compare information. Using pre-existing templates with modifications to fit the particular project, this position develops tools/documents to aid in the analysis and evaluation of research/information, such as:
- Vendor comparison document to capture responses to Request for Proposal (RFP) and facilitate comparison
- Brings together various data and perspective to ensure a comprehensive view is available when developing client solutions
Research and information gathering:
- Conducts research or gathers data/information to be utilized in the analysis and development of proposed client solutions.
- Responsible for staying abreast of HR technology issues/trends and vendor capabilities
- Develops/modifies “tools”/documents used to obtain and document information required for the client project
Assists with new business development by managing the entire request-for-proposal (RFP) process:
- Participates in meetings/calls with client and senior consultant to clarify client need. Asks questions to define/clarify the client objectives
- Develops initial draft of proposal materials to suit the particular client needs or drafting them according to RFP specifications provided by the client
- Takes the lead role in business development (e.g., leading calls and meetings) with high-level oversight by a more senior consultant
- Identifies potential sales opportunities both within and across multiple business groups, and initiates a response to those opportunities
To be considered for this opportunity, our ideal candidate will possess these core competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information systems, human resource management or organizational psychology; Masters degree in business/human resources related field preferred
- At least 5 years' consulting experience in either HR strategy or HR technology, and how technology can optimize HR
- Strong project management experience
- Strong knowledge of HR service delivery models and HR in general
- Ability to consult with clients to develop innovative solutions: scoping the issue and helping to craft a solution to resolve it
- Familiarity with the purpose, design and implementation of service centers, sourcing and internal capability assessments
- Strong working knowledge of human resource management systems – such as Workday or ServiceNow a plus
- Experience or exposure to sales (with metrics around selling or billable hours) a strong plus
- Superior analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Willingness to adapt to changing work and travel requirements of 25%
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.