Private Client Services - Field Claim Executive, West
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Secondary Locations: Los Angeles,California,United States;Los Angeles,California,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_030004-en Apply
The Private Client Services - Field Claim Executive will work directly with Family Offices and key clients. As an essential part of Marsh -Private Client Services highly skilled team, responsibilities include:
- Liaise with clients/colleagues to resolve issues of complex or high value claims, keeping all relevant parties informed of high level concerns and developments
- Serve as subject matter expert in resolving issues with insurers for outstanding settlements to retain key relationships and protect the interests of Family Office and key clients
- Audits highly complex escalated claims in order to determine coverage and what policies will be impacted by a claim and provides guidance on resolution to ensure the proper processing of claims
- Ensures team understands incoming documentation and new claims notifications for high profile clients and consults on any potential problems or contentious claims in order to ensure the proper protocol is followed
- Ensures team maintains regular contact with complex and/or large clients and PCS service team to build trust, deliver service and maintain effective working relationships
- Formulate strategic goals to help the department improve its operations
- Develop training programs and provide direction to develop capabilities of team and improve the knowledge base of the department
- Contributor at Family Office and key client annual review meetings by providing insight into client’s loss history and risk management efforts, as well as general claims trends.
- Participate in prospect meetings and Centers of Influence presentations, to make PCS claims advocacy promise a tangible experience.
- 5-7 years related property claims experience. Experience in a customer service environment including flexible work schedules and extended work hours preferred.
- General knowledge of insurance theory and practices, and contracts and their application. Property estimating and automated claims systems. Proven knowledge of the investigation, negotiation and settlement activities used to resolve very complex and /or high value claims.
- Proven ability to meet customer needs and provide exemplary service by informing customers of the claims process and ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Analytical and problem solving skills necessary to make decisions and resolve conflict in such areas as application of coverages to submitted claims, application of laws of jurisdiction to investigation facts, application of policy exclusions and exceptions
- Ability to evaluate and successfully negotiate claims
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to travel approximately 20%
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Producer Licenses (Casualty - Commercial and Personal)
- Claim Adjuster License
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.