Senior Casualty Placement Specialist
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_049744-en Apply
Marsh’s International Casualty Placement (ICP) team is an industry leading placement group built to drive a more effective process and outcome for complex primary international casualty placements by focusing on the specialized knowledge and market relationships necessary to create state-of-the-art foreign casualty insurance programs for global risk management clients.
The Senior Placement Specialist (PS) role in our ICP group will be responsible for designing the placement strategy and program structure and will have the lead role in negotiating with carriers to receive the most favorable terms, conditions, coverage and pricing for the client. ICP places primary foreign casualty accounts with a variety of program structures, from
guaranteed cost to loss sensitive/cash flow. ICP works directly with carriers to craft solutions not only to address today’s foreign casualty needs but to be at the forefront of assessing and addressing emerging risks. The PS works closely with the Placement Team Leader in this predominantly market facing role and will interact with clients and/or the client team to make recommendations regarding the foreign casualty placement. This role will focus on primary foreign casualty placements in the West Zone (Colorado and west) and can be located in either San Francisco or New York.
- Responsible for using senior level risk expertise to analyze client’s current and historical exposures, develop solutions, solicit quotes, negotiate with panel markets, analyze comparisons, articulate impact of options and make recommendations to the client team and client.
- Collaborate with client team and client to develop strategy for international insurance program structure and compliance. Involved in communications and presentations with clients in collaboration with Client Team as needed and articulates the value to Client Team/Client.
- Submits coverage specifications and obtains international casualty quotes from carriers. Assumes lead responsibility to work directly with foreign casualty underwriters to negotiate and obtain the most comprehensive terms, conditions and cost effective pricing available for the client.
- Receives and analyzes foreign casualty quotes from carriers and provides analysis and recommendations to Client Team/Client. Responsible for reviewing, confirming coverage and providing appropriate binding and policy documents to advisory colleagues and/or clients.
- Utilizing risk expertise and industry knowledge, develops international casualty strategies and solutions according to clients risk appetite, unique exposure and loss experience.
- Assesses the risk management and insurance needs of clients with complex multi-country risk spread across the globe to develop risk solutions.
- Participates in pre-strategy meeting to create effective renewal strategy.
- Responsible for following up for any open items and subjectivities.
- Develops strong working relationships with carriers, underwriters, colleagues (both domestic and abroad) and clients.
- Possesses strong knowledge of casualty insurance and risk marketplace, with a concentration in foreign casualty preferred but not required.
- Prepares client differentiation/marketing message for carriers/underwriters. Participates in Requests for Proposals (RFP’s), peer reviews and other business opportunities as assigned.
- Identifies and works with appropriate parties to resolves potential error and omission situations within the foreign casualty practice.
- Keeps abreast of changing insurance and risk market conditions and informs Client Team/Clients (Segment driven) and carriers of major developments affecting various types of coverage.
- Identifies the need for new products and suggests innovative solutions to Client Team,/Client (Segment driven).
-Supports and assists in the development of new products and provides input on pricing of services.
- Contributes to the firm’s body of knowledge on product line by active participation in internal networks.
- Works closely with Client Team to support client retention and new business production.
- Understands and complies with the Marsh Compliance and Transparency Standards.
- Other duties, including special projects, as assigned.
-Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Risk Management, Business Administration, International Business, Finance, Insurance or a related field.
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a casualty broker or underwriter, or in the field of risk management or related position, preferably for or with clients with complex global casualty risks. Casualty experience is a plus, either foreign or domestic.
- Independently handles their own accounts and mentors junior level Placement Specialists on more complex client assignments.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish duties, with input and supervision from manager.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills with the ability to communicate with impact to clients, employees and management across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, meet deadlines and prioritize changing priorities.
- Requires attention to detail, excellent analytical ability, solid knowledge of market risk issues, outstanding account servicing and effective negotiation skills.
- Experience with multinational clients, including those with Defense Base Act (DBA) exposure, is preferred but not required.
- Broker’s License is preferred, or ability to obtain license.
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or other professional designation preferred but not required.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.