Senior Health and Benefits Consulting Analyst
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_054611-en Apply
Mercer is a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. . We help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the opportunities at Mercer. Our core strengths place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people.
Think. Consult. Change Lives.
Imagine a career that:
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Challenges you to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and touch the lives of all the individuals who work at them
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
Mercer’s 2,500 US Health Consultants deliver disciplined, consistent approaches, to bench marking, data analytics, financial management, marketing, compliance and communication. Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. We are committed to setting the industry standard for ethical and transparent business practices.
The first step in your career with Mercer’s Health business is as an Health and Benefits Consulting Analyst. Our Health and Benefits Consulting Analysts work closely with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies’ health and welfare programs. You will be part of teams that plan designs, contribute strategies, and conduct benchmark studies that meet your client’s benefit and financial needs. Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you build strong relationships with your colleagues and our clients.
A Senior Health and Benefits Consultant can expect to:
- Assist senior consultants with reviewing client needs, recommending suitable approaches, and helping implement benefit program strategies.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret health care data for reporting to the client
- Develop an awareness of the insurance vendor marketplace, plan designs, health care cost factors, and the renewal process for health and group benefit programs.
- Coordinate the Request for Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a client
- Help write and structure client communications, including proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
Qualified candidates for a SeniorHealth & Benefits Consultant position will have:
- Strong analytical, mathematical and project management skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace, independently or in a team environment
- Capacity to multitask, manage competing priorities with strong time management skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen paired with intellectual curiosity
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office — Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A bachelor’s degree: in business, math, statistics, economics, public health or a related major
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.