Summer Sales Intern
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_051842-en Apply
Marsh & McLennan Insurance Agency LLC is a privately held risk management and insurance brokerage firm providing a full range of services and coverages for businesses and individuals. With offices in San Diego, Orange County and the Bay Area, we are repeatedly recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in San Diego and ranked as the 29th largest broker in the U.S.
Position Profile and Summary:
The internship is a full time position lasting approximately mid-June through August (10 weeks). Interns are under close supervision and performance is monitored to determine qualification for advancement as opportunities arise.
The Marsh & McLennan Insurance Agency LLC sales intern program is designed to prepare individuals to progress into a Sales Associate position and builds the skills and knowledge needed to do so by working closely with our Client Sales Executives. Throughout the internship, the Sales Intern will build product knowledge needed to successfully step into the role of a Sales Associate upon graduation. Sales Interns work in a variety of situations, at times working as members of a team and other times working alone on an assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a training position, there are similarities between all Sales Intern’s day-to-day tasks. However, individual duties and projects are assigned and rotated to develop familiarity with the department, its functions, and Associates.
- Assist with the research and development of sales presentations and preparations for client meetings.
- Assist Client Sales Executive in performing day-to-day administrative duties.
- Job shadow Client Sales Executive while on client visits.
- Learn basic insurance industry and sales concepts and demonstrate mastery of this knowledge by applying it while performing duties such as researching potential sales prospects, calling prospects to determine interest level in discussing brokerage services, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
- Undergraduate within 1-2 years of graduation, working toward a Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business related field of study, and with a competitive academic standing.
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish rapport with prospective and existing clients and internal associates.
- Results oriented with demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Ability to work semi-autonomously in a fast paced environment.
- Professional experience in sales or client service environment preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Occasional travel to client sites within driving distance of the workplace.