Client Advisor Associate
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_044531-en Apply
This is a 12-18-month training program with the opportunity to move into a Client Advisor role after successful graduation. The Private Client Services team meets the needs of high-net worth, affluent individuals and families. Candidates of the Client Advisor Associate Training Program are self-starters with a high degree of team orientation. Trainees are expected to analyze and solve for client needs (internal and external) in the Private Client Services (PCS) division. Trainees are expected to use sound judgment, including confidentiality, in their interaction with colleagues, clients and referral sources when discussing any prospect or client situation. Members of the trainee class will succeed in a broad range of assignments, assist each other willingly, join in as members of their assigned workgroup, and provide ideas for the enhancement of this program in future years.
Stewardship & Sales Support
- Assist in the Stewardship process by ordering designated summaries in advance of target renewal dates as well as final preparation of renewal summaries, once received by Summary Assembly Team (SAT), to include Year over Year comparison, quotes for recommendations, and binding for delivery.
- Assist in the quoting process when existing account remarkets are required.
- Assist in new business process by establishing Applied file, create binders, identification cards, cancellation forms and coordination of new business policy delivery.
- Quote coverages on carrier websites and find supporting information on coverages, as directed.
- Miscellaneous spreadsheets and research, as needed, for client reviews and prospect meetings.
Managerial Assistance & General Office Support
- Complete ad hoc report requests from Client Advisor Manager.
- Assist in the updating and maintaining office forecasts.
- Interact with colleagues and Client Advisor Manager (CAM) to assure work assignments given are prioritized as to importance.
- Effectively manage phone coverage to assure clients are immediately assisted and/or routed to the appropriate person in an efficient, friendly manner.
- At CAM’s direction process endorsements, mortgagee/lienholder inquiries, client identification requests and billing inquiries.
- Quality check new business placed to make sure in compliance with Client First Principles, including all applicable new business codes are accurately noted in Applied upon placement.
- Adhere to principals of the Greater Good by encompassing Marsh Best Practices for Compliance and Transparency professional standards.
- Utilize the Applied system in an accurate and timely manner to enter and maintain all pertinent account information.
- Complete all Marsh/PCS required learning courses and utilize internal references tools to keep current on company policy and procedures, carrier developments and marketplace trends.
- Maintain current understanding of carrier contracts, changes and enhancements to coverage.
- Take an active role in personal professional development by discussing career aspirations with your manager and if applicable, jointly establishing a development plan.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
If not currently P&C (Property and Casualty) licensed, must be able and willing to take the P&C licensing course and pass the exam within the first 3 months of employment.
- Licensing course and first exam company sponsored
- Any additional exams will be paid by the employee
- When the training period of 12-18 months Seattle, WA concludes, must be able and willing to relocate elsewhere within the US.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum one (1) year of personal insurance experience preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and able to navigate through multiple systems with minimal assistance.
- Possess ability to learn multiple carrier websites for the purposes of quoting, locating carrier specific information and obtaining policy declarations as needed.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Detail-oriented to ensure accuracy.
- Possess self-discipline, self-motivation and ability to meet assigned objectives.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver technical information to less technical individuals.
- Must demonstrate strong active listening and follow-up skills.
- Possess ability to learn quickly and without daily instruction.
- Ability to analyze data and interpret appropriate action.
- Works well within established procedures.