Consultant Total Health Management
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Secondary Locations: Seattle,Washington,United States;Irvine,California,United States;Los Angeles,California,United States;Denver,Colorado,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_053771-en Apply
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating exciting and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, securing finances for retirement or aligning employees with workforce strategy. Capitalizing on analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the impact of business decisions, now and in the future. Our holistic view and deep expertise allows us to see client’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation and impact and every idea and solution we offer
Senior Associate, Total Health Management
This is a tremendous opportunity to join our dynamic and growing Total Health Management (THM) group which is part of our Health & Benefits (H&B) line of business. In this role you will serve on a team of experts supporting health and well-being projects, typically with our more sophisticated and complex clients with 5,000+ employees. In this role you will support and work with broader Mercer Client teams to support the execution of client engagements which include marketplace overviews; procuring, developing and implementing solutions; managing solutions; and data analytics for monitoring the impact of solutions.
- Understand the population health management marketplace and effectively communicate Mercer's position on latest industry trends to clients
- Establish effective carrier/vendor relationships to serve clients in benefits procurement and administration
- Leverage Mercer's size and reputation to negotiate highly competitive fees and solution options from carriers and vendors
- Project manage and be the day-to-day lead on client engagements, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, financial evaluations, procurements, implementations, and ongoing monitoring
- Utilize appropriate Mercer tools in the development and execution of client strategy
- Draw upon Mercer’s multi-disciplinary team of consultants and information to bring the resource(s) forward to execute client work
- Delegate effectively to and manage junior resources on client projects
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior team members
- Financial & Sales
- Responsible for executing client billable work about 65% of the time
- Support lead consultants in new business opportunities
- Provide administrative and operational support to Mercer products (e.g., Mercer Health Advantage, Telemedicine and Expert Medical Opinion collectives, etc.).
- Incorporate compliance and professional standards into all work processes, including peer review and maintaining required licensure
- BA/BS, or advanced degree, psychology, social work, public health or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to employers' complex population health management challenges
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment and to work independently and on a team.
- Superior analytical, strategic planning, oral and written communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by state regulations and Mercer policies
For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.