Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_058863-en Apply
Guy Carpenter's Risk Analysts provide support to all account team members and contributes to strategic recommendations and problem solving for clients. Our Risk Analysts develop a broad understanding of the environment in which the insured operates, and the marketplace in which the transactions Guy Carpenter handles take place. Risk Analysts assist the broking team with client and market research and financial analysis for current and prospective clients.
- Analyzes client data and compiles research results using spreadsheets, company databases and other computer systems to help with the development of client solutions
- Writes research reports for assigned accounts, highlighting their business risks to assist Broker.
- Cultivates a thorough understanding of markets to better assist Broker
- Supports negotiation activities with carriers, and secures and compares submissions to provide the best service to clients
- Participates in the analysis of clients’ existing programs and requirements by reviewing current policies and formulating recommendations for customized risk solutions to assist Broker in developing client solutions
- Assists team members with the development of underwriting specifications and preparation of proposal presentations for existing and prospective clients
- Attends client meetings as a part of the team to learn more about the business and better assist clients and Brokers
A TYPICAL DAY:
- Analyze client risk and develop and present recommendations
- Conducting industry research analysis and providing brokers with current information and trends
- Respond to client queries and concerns and resolving issues promptly
- Assist in timely production of contract documentation and follow-up, ensuring timely flow of materials
- Review contract documentation, ensuring terms and conditions details are accurately captured
- Assist with scheduling of reinsurer audits and visits with client
- Assist broking team in designing new programs for clients’ unmet needs
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, business management or related field.
- 0-2 years of related work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and maintain good client, reinsurer, and internal relationships
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Excellent verbal/writing skills for complex communications with clients, markets and GC colleagues
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong academic record in major and summer internship or other work experiences
- Advanced working experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers