Sr. Software Developer
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_061109-en Apply
Guy Carpenter is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Seattle office
Sr. Software Developer
What can you expect?
- You will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of a high-performance, highly scalable .NET scientific simulation platform using leading agile development practices.
- Hands-on role that works both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- You must be delivery-focused and possess a broad set of technology skills to take this complex modeling platform to the next level of usability, ease of use and user interaction sophistication.
What is in it for you?
- Opportunity to transform our existing suite of commercial products to better enable cloud and web technologies.
- Career Development Opportunities
- Competiitve Benefits
We will count on you to:
- Redeveloping our WPF UI into a new modern experience, using web technologies based on industry standards that have a proven track record.
- Developing new customer online experiences in the form of user portals, online distribution/delivery, licensing, help, news/announcements, etc.
- Supporting our path to Azure (and other cloud providers).
- Support our transition from .NET Framework to .NET Core.
- Enhancing our external and internal telemetry, online reports, and dashboards.
- Work directly with actuaries, experts in reinsurance, and capital modeling to develop user interface for modeling functionality and results analysis
- Work with embedded QA and domain experts to design, implement, test and support software products, tools, and analysis platform.
- Meet with product users to understand their goals and the domain. Use their feedback to further improve the user experience of the modeling software.
What you need to have:
- 8+ years software development experience
- A full-stack web-developer.
- Excellent working knowledge of C#, .NET Framework/Core and Visual Studio.
- Proven ability to extract goals, ideas and approaches from domain experts and translate them into elegant UI design.
- Experience with Protobuf and gRPC technologies.
- Experience with interactive charting and graphing packages for the visual display of quantitative information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates self-motivation, resourcefulness and independent action
- Experience working directly with users on an agile development team strongly preferred.
- Proven record of shipping commercial software and/or online experiences.
- Knowledge of WPF/XAML and/or WinForms a plus.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.