Actuary - VP
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_057052-en Apply
Are you an experienced Actuary? Are you determined to excel and develop a career within the Reinsurance industry. Are you eager to work alongside equally ambitious professionals in a high-performance environment where every individual contribution counts? Then you are the type of person we are looking for and can offer a role with the following responsibilities.
- Provide actuarial and financial modelling consulting services to clients and colleagues
- Model the probability distributions of the gross/ceded/net underwriting results of an (re)insurance client
- Analyse how the distribution of results and relevant risk measures change as a result of applying various proposed reinsurance alternatives
- Utilise cost/benefit analysis to advise brokers and clients “optimal” reinsurance programs based on risk tolerance levels
- Respond to client queries and concerns, resolving issues promptly
- Document external correspondence and telephone conversations in accordance with GC procedures and Professional Standards
- Provide technical training to clients and colleagues
The successful candidate will possess a degree in one of the following; Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science. Additionally you will be FCAS, FIAA or FIA qualified or close to full qualification. You will possess excellent communication, presentation and project management skills coupled with the ability to manage significant workflows.