Consulting Analyst, Career Products
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Company: MercerJob ID R_047081-en Apply
- An opportunity to work for a market leader
- Work in a fast-paced, energetic, action-oriented, and intellectually stimulating environment
- Be part of a dynamic and supportive team
Mercer is a global consulting leader in Health, Wealth and Career. We work collaboratively with our clients to transform strategy into practical actions that drive results. Our deep expertise, powerful insights, and real-world solutions help the people and organizations we serve take steps today to secure a better tomorrow. Our passion is making a difference in people’s lives. For us, it’s not just a business — it’s a mission. Our more than 20,000 employees work every day to improve the health, wealth, and careers of more than 110 million people globally. It’s how we make tomorrow, today.
We are now seeking bright and ambitious individual to support Mercer Career, as a Consulting Analyst, Career Products position summary below:
Under the guidance of more experienced consultants, the analyst must understand client issues and help develop practical HR programs/solutions that contribute to organizational success and support business strategies of the identified clients. Provide support on a variety of client projects across all segments of the Career Products and Broad-based Rewards business.
You can also look forward to:
• Remuneration research, benchmarking and analysis
• Development and application of a range of job evaluation skills
• Modelling incentive, classification and pay structures
• Job analysis research and documentation
• Prepare, conduct and analyze surveys across a range of HR practices and issues, etc.
The responsibilities are as follows:
- Serves as the first point of contact for day-to-day communications with designated low-risk accounts, follows up on correspondences and works to strengthen and grow account relationships.
- Develops an understanding of client businesses by conducting account research, research on industry issues and preparing benchmarking studies for personal and team use.
- Supports colleagues by managing day-to-day aspects for designated small accounts and conducting ensuing account management tasks including: processing billing requests and gathering information for quotes, generating project calendars, liaising between internal senior professionals and accounts and organizing meeting logistics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Mitigates account concerns or issues encountered, addresses problems in a timely manner and applies judgement as to when and what to escalate up to senior level colleagues.
- Reports to senior colleagues on relationship satisfaction to ensure a mutual understanding both internally and externally.
- Develops and maintains a fluency in the Company's various service offerings to enrich work performed and develop sales capabilities.
- We will require the incumbent to have strong analytical skills with the attention to details. You should also have the ability to manage time well with the capacity to work with tight deadlines.
In addition, you should also possess:
- At least a Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Finance, HR or Organization Psychology discipline
- Experience in business analysis and /or human resource management, preferably in the professional services sector
- Highly proficient computer skills including MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective work relationships
What’s in it for you?
- You will be rewarded by working for a team that is considered center of excellence in the growth market region
- Working in a progressive, innovative and collaborative environment
- Competitive remuneration
If you have research and/or consulting background & are up for a challenge, then this could be the job for you. Join Mercer, a leading consulting firm with an unsurpassed global reach!