Corporate Communications Leader - 4-6 months contract role
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Company: MercerJob ID R_054152-en Apply
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset — their people. Mercer’s more than 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With 57,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter, a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; and Oliver Wyman, a leader in management consulting. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Senior Communications Specialist
The Asia Regional Benefits Communication Specialist will lead the day-to-day execution of client communication and branding projects across Asia and will be a key creative member on the communications team.
With a focus on enhancing Mercer’s relationship with clients through the delivery of effective communications and branding programs that support our clients to more effectively implement and deliver benefits to their employees. Our clients succeed when their employees understand, use and appreciate their benefits, which as a result, reinforces the employer’s brand. The position requires an experienced project manager to skillfully manage multiple projects and campaigns for different clients at the same time and also a creative thinker who is motivated by proposing and bringing ideas to life that help our clients achieve their objectives and further serve to create revenue opportunities for Mercer. The successful candidate will also serve as a change champion for innovation and new ways of operating or addressing the employee engagement challenges of our clients.
Working in close partnership with the Employee Health & Benefits Consulting team as well as directly with clients to manage communication and branding projects, overseeing the day-to-day execution of integrated programs for the region.
Project management of client accounts including acting as the client’s first point of contact for the development and execution of projects according to the agreed upon scope. Includes but isn’t limited to:
- Creating and managing project timelines
- Preparing client pitch decks, quotes and Scope of Work documents
- Sourcing and liaising with 3rd party vendors
- Arranging and attending internal and client meetings as required
- Proactive problem resolution and effective communication with clients and internal teams in order to deliver projects on time, on budget and with the desired impact
- Completing administrative tasks in relation to project management such as use of Mercer tools and systems to open, track and bill project work
- Conducting after action reviews to model and inspire a continuous improvement mindset
Creative/content development of ideas and marketing communication collateral to pitch to clients or sell as proprietary Mercer material. Includes but isn’t limited to:
- Ability to propose or develop relevant solutions that can be monetised to solve client problems, particularly in relation to employer branding and employee engagement.
- Strategic thinking to help identify ways to support our clients to drive employee enrollment with their benefits, increase employee use and/or appreciation of their benefits and impact employee engagement and employer branding.
- Strong PowerPoint skills to create design mockups or final collateral materials for clients as well as pitch presentations and other presentations. Illustrator and Photoshop skills also desirable.
- Contribute to the development of an off-the-shelf portfolio of benefits communication materials that can be purchased by clients
- Copywriting, messaging and storytelling to weave together different elements and craft a single, cohesive campaign or communications roadmap
Brand building to help grow the communications line of business internally at Mercer and externally with clients and prospective clients. Includes but isn’t limited to:
- Creating or contributing to Point of View initiatives
- Willingness to conduct webinars, participate in conferences or public speaking events, and other initiatives that grow one’s personal brand
- Running sessions with different LOBs and teams internally to raise awareness for the communications practice, expertise and products
Brand building to help raise the profile of the Mercer Employee Health & Benefits team as well as create demand for the team’s products and services. Includes but isn’t limited to:
- Help to position sales and consulting products and services provided by the team
- Develop collateral and messaging that can be used to promote products and services
- Cross-promote team and company products and services (act as one team)
- Post-secondary education. Degree in a related communication, marketing or public relations
- 6+ years of experience as a marketing communications professional, preferably from a B2C or marketing communications agency role
- Strong campaign management skills. Ability to run multiple components of a campaign seamlessly and multiple campaigns at the same time
- Demonstrated interest and expertise in employer branding and employee engagement with an interest in health and wellbeing
- Strong project management skills
- Design skills – PowerPoint, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Able to use data to influence opinion and drive action
- Able to drive outcomes by bringing a measurement approach to organizational communication
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact in a team environment with all levels of employees including senior management
- Business minded communicator with financial acumen and sales ability
- Proven ability to influence and serve as a strategic thinker to our clients
- Copywriting, messaging and storytelling experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ideas, energy and focus to grow a business practice, take risks and contribute positively to a fast growing team.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to simplify complex language and present it in a way that is engaging and easy to understand. Must demonstrate strength in messaging and interest in copywriting, specifically in relation to health and wellness.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Able to educate team members about communication principals to grow our overall effectiveness as a team.
- Able to work with limited supervision with the ability to escalate issues when appropriate to prevent or mitigate more serious problems and maintain strong client relationships at all times.
- Ability to manage client expectations appropriately so that projects are profitable and clients are happy
- Health insurance or health industry experience a plus
Any interested parties, please register your CV to Mercer’s career website: https://careers.mmc.com/Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.