Global Benefits Management - Senior Client Relationship Manager
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Company: MercerJob ID R_055526-en Apply
Extraordinary people. Extraordinary results. With more than 20,000 employees in more than 40 countries worldwide, Mercer is a leading global provider in talent, health, retirement, and investment consulting. Mercer works with clients to solve their most complex benefit and human capital issues, designing and helping manage health, retirement and other benefits. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
In order to support our team and strengthen the growth of our business in Singapore, we are looking for a:
Global Benefits Management Senior Client Relationship Manager
An exciting opportunity to join a new and growing team in Asia, which is located in both Hong Kong and Singapore.
The Global Benefits management team is responsible for supporting multinational clients in their effective placement of Health and Benefits risks across Asia; this includes being a central point of contact and providing strong strategic advice on how they can address specific client and market challenges.
As a Senior Client Relationship Manager you will be expected to lead with minimal supervision light accounts and play a central support role on more complex accounts lead by an account manager for regional and global clients. You will therefore be expected to be able to build strong relationships with the clients, demonstrate effective organizational and project management skills. Given the global nature of our clients, you will also be expected to effectively interact with our global counterparts in other regions.
Mercer prides itself on being thought leaders and our team is responsible for supporting clients on their benefits journey – providing consulting advice on how they can develop their health, risk and wellness initiatives to meet their evolving employee and global company needs. Individuals will need to have a keen interest and a high level of understanding of the latest health trends and have a problem solving mentality.
As a member of the GBM team you will be part of Global and regional innovation projects to identify process improvements, efficiencies and automation of tasks. In collaboration with the Account Managers review the best practices and present possible solutions. Collaborate with the team to provide efficiency analysis for example allocation of projects, partnership with outsourcing parties and GBM Pricing mechanism.
Being a global and multi-disciplined company, the team and the wider MMC organization will provide you with strong career growth opportunities within and outside of Asia; supporting your career growth through leveraging and developing your skill sets.
So if you are invested in looking to advance your career and want to join an energetic team, apply today.
External Client Level:
- Support and assist the Regional Consultants and Account managers in maintaining a positive client relationship with stable operations delivery. Understand customer needs and requirements and support strategies to enable the team to deliver the expected services.
- Produce client ready content to be presented at annual strategy planning meetings to discuss regional benefits priorities for the upcoming year
- Participate in client meetings and contributing by proving information about active renewals, status updates and ad-hoc requests.
- Ensure that the process within operations are run effectively and efficiently, aligning to client’s expectations
- Manage customer satisfaction by ensuring customer’s complaints and requests are attended within the required TAT and SLA
- Design, development and maintain client management tools that support effective oversight of the accounts.
- Monitor and ensuring that the services being provided to the client are in line with the centralized guidance and in conjunction with general Service Level Agreements.
- Execute clients’ ongoing global benefit strategy, including global benefit financing strategies, through pooling, captives and global insurance programs.
- Provide strategic & consulting advice that enables the client to make the right decisions and maintain sustainable plans. This includes close review of local renewal documents and applying analytic skills to identify key claims drivers and supporting regional consistency in design.
- Liaison with local brokers in each market to ensure the Rules of the Road are understood and followed
- Ongoing tracking of broker arrangement: Tracking and reporting will include details of insured benefits by country, renewal outcomes and recent activities, commissions/fees, pooling status, etc.
- Support brokers in delivering high quality renewal reports to enable the client to take the right decisions.
- Provision of information to global and regional contacts as agreed in the Rules of the Road to facilitate decision making on renewals
- Liaison with multinational pooling network partners to obtain pooling exhibits as appropriate and to ensure understanding and execution of the pooling strategy
- Participation in and facilitation of global and regional monthly calls to review the status of current renewals and ongoing initiatives;
- Ability to cultivate client relationship and manage challenging client demands.
- Strong project management and operational skills – able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in process building, best practices and/or efficiency project.
- Strong oral and written communication & presentation skills
- Good analytical skills – reading, interpreting and communicating data
- Strong self-starter, fast learner, quality conscious, committed to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team environment across borders & manage internal stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork skills combined with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Relationship Management experience in the area of EH&B environment, insurance or outsourcing services
- Experience with global or regional benefit management
- Experience working across multiple countries and language skills is a plus, though not a requirement
- Health Insurance Certificate (HI) is preferred but not mandatory. Successful candidates will need to complete broking license requirements for their location of employment.
Are you interested? Please apply via our Online-Tool. You find further information on www.mercer.com.sg