Global Benefits Senior Account Manager
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Company: MercerJob ID R_059647-en Apply
Global Benefits Senior Account Manager
An exciting opportunity to join and support driving forward and establishing a new, growing team in Asia (across HK & Singapore).
The Global Benefits Management team is responsible for supporting multinational clients in their effective placement of Health and Benefits risks across Asia; this includes being a central point of contact and providing strong strategic advice on how they can address specific client and market challenges.
As a GBM Senior Account Manager you will be the client relationship lead for your own portfolio of dynamic, complex clients, supported by different project managers. You will be expected to become the trusted advisor, building strong relationships and manage escalations. It will require effective organizational and project management skills and the ability to manage and guide different junior members of staff. Given the global nature of our clients, you will also be expected to effectively interact with our global counterparts in other regions.
Mercer prides itself on being thought leaders and our team will also be responsible for supporting clients on their benefits journey – providing consulting advice on how they can develop their health, risk and wellness initiatives to meet their evolving employee and global company needs. Individuals will need to have a keen interest and a high level of understanding of the latest health trends and have a problem solving and innovation mentality.
At Mercer we strive to have a continuous improvement mandate and therefore you will also be expected to identify, design and implement initiatives to improve our operational and service excellence. You will report into the Asia Client Services leader, and be expected to contribute to how we grow and shape our team to meet future demands as well as supporting our sales team to win new clients. This will include managerial responsibilities within the team.
Being a global and multi-disciplined company, the team and the wider MMC organization will provide you with strong career growth opportunities within and outside of Asia; through leveraging and developing your skill sets. We aim to empower you, forging your own career journey.
So if you are invested in looking to advance your career and want to join an energetic team, apply today.
- Main client and internal point of contact for APAC Employee Health and Benefits management – supporting multinational clients place their health and risk policies across Asia.
- Handle larger more complex clients with higher service needs.
- Design, development client management tools that support effective oversight of the accounts.
- Monitor and ensure that the services being provided to the client are in line with the centralized guidance and in conjunction with general Service Level Agreements.
- Execute clients’ ongoing global benefit strategy, including global benefit financing strategies, through pooling, captives and global insurance programs.
- Interface directly with senior-level client managers as the main global point of contact for client deliverables and communications required under a Global Benefits Management appointment.
- Manage and address client escalations of existing or other accounts.
- Provide strategic & consulting advice that enables the client to make the right decisions and maintain sustainable plans. This includes close review of local renewal documents and applying analytic skills to identify key claims drivers and supporting regional consistency in design.
- Enhance our ability to sell additional health and wellbeing projects delivered by our strongly connected consulting team (e.g. Flexible benefits, onsite clinics, wellness, retirement, communication) through understanding the health market.
- Contributing to business development pursuit activities in alignment with our sales team and onboarding process – signing of statements of work and developing rules of the road.
- Review of current team “ways of working” and providing suggestions for improvement.
- Managing a small number of team members.
- Ability to cultivate client relationship and manage challenging client demands.
- Strong project management and operational skills – able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in process building, best practices and/or efficiency project.
- Strong oral and written communication & presentation skills
- Good analytical skills – reading, interpreting and communicating data
- Strong self-starter, fast learner, quality conscious, committed to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team environment across borders & manage internal stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork skills combined with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- 10 years+ of relevant experience
- Team Management responsibilities
- Strong domain knowledge and experience in health and benefits consulting
- Experience with global or regional benefit management
- Singapore Insurance Broking license
- Experience working across multiple countries and language skills is a plus, though not a requirement