Managing Consultant, FACS Construction Consulting
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Secondary Locations: ,Bangkok,Thailand;Hong Kong,Hong Kong;Seoul,,Korea, Republic of;Kuala Lumpur,Selangor,Malaysia;Shanghai,Shanghai,China;
Company: MarshJob ID R_047031-en Apply
A Managing Consultant in Construction Consulting will maintain a leadership role within the FACS team. Specifically, this person will ensure effective expansion through sales and delivery of Construction Consulting services for clients and prospects by managing and delivering complex client engagements.
Key Responsibilities – Essential Functions
- Sought out by clients and other team members as a specialised resource on Construction Consulting related services.
- Directs and/or reviews analysis of client needs, develops project outlines and recommends suitable approaches or options to consider.
- Uses advanced facilitative and diagnostic skills to assist clients in the articulation of complex problems.
- Actively uncovers concerns or issues that may be unclear to the client and addresses these.
- Reviews, approves and monitors the project requirements and appropriate work plans.
- Directs the matching of Construction Consulting products and services to client’s key needs.
- Assures the best practices or enhances the development or use of systems to organise and track information.
- Produces technical analyses relevant to construction consulting.
- Enhances the creativity and effectiveness of materials that reflect an understanding of the most complex client, project and technical issues.
- Arranges for and leads client implementation teams, suggests key performance indicators, and reviews results.
- Performs peer and senior reviews, confirms client expectations, and monitors client satisfaction of deliverables and services.
- Respects and maintains client confidentiality.
- Uses strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with clients and gain their trust.
- Promotes, facilitates or enhances the continuous risk improvement methodology.
- Enhances the development and application of objective criteria for measuring important processes.
- Directs the development of new approaches of applying processes and technologies.
- Assures that project budget and changes are developed and managed profitably.
- Assures the project pricing and resources are appropriate.
- Responsible for the development and securing of complex client service agreements.
- Complies with company policy and procedures for timekeeping, expense reporting and billing.
- Uses strong interpersonal skills to gain confidence and trust of other team members.
- Develops and effectively delivers highly visible, complex written and oral communications, such as proposals, technical concepts, deliverables, and industry view points.
- Assures the effective use of templates and other written materials.
- Influential in establishing appropriate internal and external business goals and overall strategies needed to attain these goals.
- Actively works to develop construction consulting practice in Asia and in the International region.
- Assures best practices and resources in a specialty area with identified business need.
- Complies with and can be influential in developing professional standards and best practices.
- Forms observations and recommendations from balance sheets and other financial tools.
- Develops new and expanded business opportunities.
- Develop sales and marketing materials.
- Coordinates business development activities (e.g. seminars, mailings, etc.).
- Directs, reviews, or applies research (e.g. reviews annual report, financial data, benchmarking, etc) for business development purposes.
- Utilises and develops spheres of influence to develop new and expanded business.
- Develops scope engagements.
- Creates opportunities to develop new skills and broaden and deepen knowledge for yourself and colleagues.
- Assures a team environment of continuous feedback and idea sharing.
- Influential in external associations to contribute skills and enhance technical abilities.
- Develops junior colleagues in their career and their capabilities.
- Leads team planning and implementation in integrated complex activities.
- Openly shares information and own expertise with integrated teams to accomplish complex goals.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in construction (risk, project management, planning, delay analysis, cost control) and insurance (including DSU, CAR).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering.
- Professional qualifications (e.g. CEng, CIArb, RICS, RIBA, APM).
- Performs, directs and/or reviews advanced research and analysis.
- Identifies complex problems and applies solutions.
- Advanced organisation and resource (people, projects, time) management.
- Superior oral communication skills with large and small audiences. Superior written communication skills.
- Develops and enhances client relationships.
- Develops and closes complex business opportunities.
- Proficient in company sanctioned software and systems, as well as relevant use of Internet.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in English language (speaking, reading and writing).
- Effectively manages and leads staff.
- Proficient in construction delay and quantum analyses, including the use of relevant software.
- Expert in pre-loss services (including governance review, risk assessment, project monitoring).
- Expert in post-loss services (delay and quantum analysis).
- Experience in dispute resolution.
- Travel required (domestic and international travel).