Regional Legal & Compliance Counsel
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_012828-en Apply
Mercer is a global and prominent consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and merger/acquisition services and solutions. Its business creates more secure and rewarding futures for their clients and employees through designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers for work needs. Mercer is one of the four portfolios of Marsh & McLennan Companies. This role is to serve as a trusted Legal & Compliance advisor providing high quality, effective and efficient support to Mercer’s ASEAN (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand) and HK markets within Mercer’s Growth Markets Region.
Located in Singapore, this position will be attractive to someone who is highly independent and self-motivated, thrives in the intellectually challenging and stimulating atmosphere of a leading global firm and desires to have a regional exposure within the relevant geography as well as other jurisdictions in Asia.
We are seeking a qualified lawyer, or non-qualified lawyer with proven legal background, with significant experience in a professional services, financial services or law firm
- Minimum of 5 PQE with relevant experience in a legal and/or compliance role in a MAS-regulated industry.
- Familiarity with the insurance broking and financial advisory business highly advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience in an investments related environment will also be an advantage.
- Familiarity with data privacy regulations in the region - Law or similar degree from a top university preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Familiarity with the local culture, business customs and legal environment as it impacts the Mercer business in ASEAN.
- Strong track record in planning and organizing effectively, creating value and capturing know-how.
- Strong technical knowledge of corporate and commercial law.
- Ability to track and advise on new laws and regulations