Senior Finance Partner
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Company: MercerJob ID R_056317-en Apply
Extraordinary people. Extraordinary results. With more than 20,000 employees in more than 40 countries worldwide, Mercer is a leading global provider in talent, health, retirement, and investment consulting. Mercer works with clients to solve their most complex benefit and human capital issues, designing and helping manage health, retirement and other benefits. At Mercer, we say We Make Tomorrow, Today.
Senior Finance Partner
Due to a recent acquisition by the Marsh & McLennan Companies of Jardine Lloyd Thompson, Mercer acquired JLT Private Client Services effective April 1 2019.Private Client Services (PCS) is the market leader in insurance broking for High Net Worth individuals, providing total insurance solutions and holistic risk management propositions with their wealth planning needs in mind.
With offices across Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia, United Arab Emirates (Dubai) and Switzerland (Geneva and Zurich), PCS work in close partnerships with major private banks and trustees globally to deliver holistic risk management propositions with the overall planning needs of their high net worth (HNW) clients in over 50 markets.
With the integration of PCS into the Mercer organization, Mercer is currently seeking suitably qualified candidates to lead the finance function for the organization.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, Asia (Mercer) , the successful candidate will provide financial insight into the strategic business development for the PCS operations. The role will lead and be responsible for all aspects of financial management including strategic planning, measurement, reporting, budgeting, analysis and internal control. The person will also serve as the primary liaison with the Corporate office for all financial matters. Key customers include the Chief Financial Officer, Asia, country finance leaders, business leaders (both regional and domestic), other departments as required and International. The position is based in Hong Kong.
Strategic Business Development
· Understand and interpret business trends (economic, competitive, regulatory) and provide financial insights to help the company make decisions at a senior level.
· Influence others on the prioritization of strategies and tactics by providing a financial perspective and relevant financial information to assist with the decision making process.
· Identify what needs to be done to bridge any gaps through monitoring the annual plan and lead the proper action plans.
Corporate Finance Management
· Act as overall coordinator and first-line advisor to the Chief Financial Officer on all finance-related issues.
· Plan, direct and control the function's overall financial plans and policies, accounting practices.
· Be responsible for the quality of financial report and providing suggestions to top management team on the basis of analysis statement.
· Keep optimizing processes and substantially enhance the efficiency, accuracy, and transparency of the functions.
· Develop and coordinate necessary and appropriate financing and statistical data and reports.
· Analyze and consult on the financial impact of key departmental strategies on income growth.
· Oversee the function’s activities and reports and ensure that the costs run within budget and financial activities comply with relevant policies and practices.
· Control the finance situation and coordinate all the sub-functions including audit/sox/procedure, financial analysis and planning and budgeting.
· Identify the scope of information required to run the business effectively.
People / Relationship Management
· Build strong relationships and fosters teamwork among departments and staff to achieve maximum performance.
· Provide leadership, guidance, and hands on management to the Auditing, Procedure, Analysis and Planning and Budgeting functions;
· Provide professional training to finance staff to improve the working process and quality;
· Build and maintain relationships with external banks or audit firms to national level to support the ongoing success of the company’s system.
· Progressive financial management and controllership experience in an international and geographically distributed corporation.
· Experience working with US GAAP at a US headquartered company.
· Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and influence in a complex matrix environment.
· Excellent technical skills, including accounting, tax, treasury, project finance, cash flow management, legal and management reporting, systems implementation.
· Strong business acumen, along with a good understanding of the critical business drivers.
· Demonstrated capabilities in driving a business and financial agenda and also on focusing on the major strategic issues facing the organization as it moves forward.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization and to complete objectives utilizing the commitment and cooperation of others.
· Capable of managing and maintaining good relationships with tax agencies and other external parties. Demonstrated ability to respond to urgent requests and changing priorities on a daily basis.
· Fluency in all aspects of English is required. Asian language capabilities are highly preferred.
Why apply? We are offering the opportunity to develop your career in a corporate environment and working in an international organization with the best and brightest people and colleagues who are committed to exceeding the high standards set by our clients – and by ourselves.
Are you interested? Please apply via our Online-Tool.