Supervisor - Onsite Technical Support
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_051899-en Apply
Are you an IT guru with a first class track record of resolving onsite issues in a timely manner? Do you have experience of leading teams in this area?
Then we are looking for someone like you to supervise a small team with the following responsibilities
- Ensures the installation, training, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all OpCo desktop hardware and software technology is completed by the team according to SLAs.
- Provides assistance in the setup and operation of audio-visual hardware; as required, by end user.
- Determines appropriate hardware and software; based on corporate policy and end user requirements.
- Responds to incidents within SLA or within a timely manner with appropriate level of urgency, and follows up with customers on all issues.
- Escalates incidents, and questions to appropriate support groups.
- Provides assistance disconnecting, moving and reconnecting desktop technology hardware; for single user, multi-user and office moves.
- Provides assistance with the administration and, maintenance of Technology Infrastructure components.
- Provides assistance with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and the repair of office Telephony Systems.
- Manages Field Support operations through internal staff and external vendor support groups, within assigned office(s).
- Manages support for all Office Infrastructure technologies across all tiers, within agreed timeframes or SLAs.
- Ensures Infrastructure Systems are maintained in accordance with service owner guidelines, and are in compliance with Business Continuity agreements.
- Ensures staff follows operational guidelines, principles, and processes; as described by Senior Management.
- Conducts periodic reviews to ensure compliance with; regulatory guidelines, IT and Operating Company policies, best practices within IT and IT industry standards
- Follows up on quarterly meetings and shares results with MTM/RTM.
- Participates in local office leadership meetings as appropriate.
- Provides expert advice and consultation to colleagues.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to subordinates.
- Performs staff performance and salary reviews.
- Provides input for budgeting, improving processes and maintaining standards.
- Manages activities of outsourced staff (as applicable); and follows up on service issues.
- Works with HR managers and senior staff; to document/remediate performance issues with staff, and takes appropriate follow-up actions.
- Uses Corporate Incident Management System to record and track all support work.
- Maintains accurate hardware and software records for corporate assets.
- Performs time tracking tasks, as required.
- Assists with the procurement of hardware and software.
- Supports team’s abilities and functions through positive customer relations.
- Contributes to improvements and enhancements of processes/procedures.
- Gains additional knowledge; stays abreast of current technologies through employee/company sponsored training, periodicals, and regular interaction with other team members
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
The successful candidate will be degree educated with proven experience from the Financial Services/Insurance/Consulting world