Account Executive - Employee Health & Benefits - MMA Sioux Falls, SD
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_063772-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located in Sioux Falls, SD may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Job Summary: Provide consulting services and advise clients in matters relating to employee benefit programs such as current market trends, compliance, wellness, data analytics and short/long term planning to meet client objectives. Manage the retention of assigned accounts by delivering on overall account expectations and coordinating services with the team to meet overall client objectives. Facilitate and drive agency best practices for internal and external communication to deliver customizable solutions to the client. Look for opportunities to round out current accounts and write referral business to assist in agency growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work independently and as a team to develop effective business relationships through in-person visits, entertainment opportunities, telephone and electronic contact at multiple levels within client organization.
- Manage the level of service provided to assigned accounts to meet department revenue, profitability and retention goals and client expectations.
- Utilize Accelerate sales methodology.
- Lead efforts to promote agency differentiation / expertise through webinars, seminars, workshops and face to face client interactions.
- Coordinate and assist clients with strategic planning, setting goals and objectives, renewal planning and establishing timelines, including development of strategic plans when appropriate.
- Identify additional business opportunities and cross sell.
- Coordinate work of team members to ensure delivery of all client service agreements.
- Review internal compliance and client disclosure requirements, external vendor/carrier contracts, and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations, internal policies and legal requirements.
- Develop and mentor team members and the department staff.
- Assist, prepare and/or manage client presentations to new and existing accounts.
- Coordinate the placement of risks with clients, carriers and vendors to best suit the need of the client.
- Continued education on industry challenges, trends, competitive advantages and legislative changes to advise clients in an effective manner and manage their overall risk.
- Provide excellent customer service and team work. All other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and follow-through skills.
- Knowledge of technical underwriting.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that instills good working relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Computer proficiency with Agency Management System, Outlook, Excel Spreadsheets, and Word documents.
- Establishes priorities and organizes time efficiently to ensure that tasks are completed to meet or exceed deadlines.
Education Requirements: 3-5 years’ previous work experience in the area of employee benefits, insurance, finance or similar industry preferred. License required within 6 months of hire. CISR or HIA designation required within 3 years of hire. AU or RHU designation desired.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.