Insurance Intern - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Sioux Falls, SD
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_081655-en Apply
Why choose Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA)?
Make a career. Make a difference. When you work at MMA, you’ll experience real opportunities to help people and businesses become more safe, secure, and successful. With MMA, you can create a career that matters.
Interested? Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located in Sioux Falls, SD may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Job Summary: Marsh & McLennan Agency’s internship is a comprehensive program that will provide students with real world business, risk management consulting, employee benefits advising and insurance experience. The internship program gives students the chance to explore all areas of the firm to find their interest and best fit in the insurance industry. Interns will apply concepts learned in the classroom to actual projects and experiences to develop professional skills and business acumen applicable to fast-paced, goal-driven business environments. MMA’s goal is to provide interns with insight into all aspects of the profession and act as a springboard to full-time careers in the field desired.
Interns will have experiences in all areas of the firm:
- Property & Casualty Risk Management Consulting
- Employee Benefits & Human Capital Consulting
- Data Analytics & Analysis
- Employer Services Safety & Compliance
- Marketing & Communications
- Operations Management & Production
- Management & Executive Leadership
Brief examples of intern experiences:
- Work with consulting team to research business prospect to understand goals as an organization, risks it has in achieving those goals, recommendations of solutions to mitigate those risks, and crafting a final proposal.
- Analyzing business loss and insurance coverage for a business prospect/client to determine exposure and opportunities for risk management program development.
- Interacting with business prospects and clients at trade shows, exhibitor fairs and social networking opportunities.
- Meeting with firm leadership to understand firm goals and how they are set and measured.
- Developing social media/marketing strategies and learning about brand positioning.
- This position requires a motivated, self-starter with the ability to take initiative, seek answers and share information. Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy team while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take on special tasks and projects as time allows.
- Computer experience with, Outlook, Excel Spreadsheets, Word documents, Internet search and ability to learn Agency Management Systems.
Education Requirements: Currently working towards a degree.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) provides colleagues the freedom to make a career and difference. We encourage you to explore your curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
You can apply your talent in bold ways that make a difference – at MMA. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.