Safety & Compliance Consultant - MMA Sioux Falls, SD
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_052110-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) may be the place for you. This position will be setup remotely to work from home. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Provide quality risk consulting services to Howalt+McDowell Insurance clients from a safety and compliance perspective. Responsibilities include developing risk management strategies based on a consultative model, performing policy/system/environment assessments, providing client employee training, developing written policies & procedures, supporting client safety personnel, documenting activity and keeping abreast of federal guidelines & regulations. Services should help clients reduce exposure to loss, and ensure clients are in compliance with governmental agencies such as OSHA, DOT, EPA, etc. Position will support the sales team in prospecting and client retention and will partner with other consultants on the Employer Services Consultation Team.
Perform Risk Consulting for Clients:
- Respond to customer questions and concerns on safety and compliance issues.
- Perform assigned key client projects and fee-based projects.
- Perform site assessments to determine potential loss causing issues as well as non-compliance with governmental regulations.
- Review existing policies & procedures to determine compliance with various agencies such OSHA or DOT, as well as requirements of insurance companies.
- Provide loss-causing information to customers and producers using loss information, photographs, data, graphs, and the workers compensation experience modification worksheet.
- Provide alternative approaches and risk prevention/reduction suggestions in order for customers to better implement safety and loss prevention programs/strategies.
- Develop written safety policies & procedures specific for customer needs to comply with insurance company requirements, governmental regulations, or other entities.
- Provide quality safety training presentations for clients’ employees, supervisors or management on a variety of loss prevention topics.
- Support client safety personnel/committee by attending safety meetings and/or providing resources.
- Assess amount of time/commitment projects will take and craft Scope of Services proposals.
- Learn and promote Howalt+McDowell’s online Risk Management Center.
Maintain Relationships with Insurance Carriers and Vendors:
- Conduct and participate in appropriate meetings to ensure proper activities are being performed to meet goals.
- Partner with carrier/vendor safety & loss control personnel.
- Keep team informed of vendor and carrier personnel changes.
Act as an Advisor/Consultant for Sales Team on Sales Calls with Clients:
- Participate in prospect and client calls as requested.
- Provide safety & compliance expertise to Sales Team on client specific issues, meeting directly with client in support of Sales Team when needed.
- Provide direct customer service to client on accounts when required.
Partner with Other Members of Employer Services Team:
- Collaborate with Employer Services Consultants in: Claims Management & Analysis, HR Consulting & Compliance, Legal Consulting, and Health & Well-being.
- Innovate to develop services and solutions to differentiate Howalt+McDowell Insurance in the marketplace.
Additional Responsibilities Necessary to Successfully Complete Role:
- Read, practice, and live the Code of Conduct for the agency. Be a participant in maintaining a strong work environment and culture for all team members.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- 4+ years safety, compliance, loss prevention/control experience including strong knowledge of insurance carrier loss control services, and governmental safety regulations preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Must be detailed with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and high sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Prior success and experience operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively build and maintain positive working relationships with clients, management and peers.
- Strong interpersonal and customer-service related skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
ARM, CRM, OHST, CSP or CIH preferred.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.