Location: Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_056740-en Apply
- Compiles administrative information by researching sources, collecting and interpreting data, entering data, designing new formats for department use, and maintaining database information.
- Improves administrative job knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Maintains office operations by assigning priorities, delegating tasks to clerical staff, following up on results, establishing office supply inventory levels, troubleshooting equipment malfunctions, and evaluating new systems and equipment.
- Maintains continuity of administrative work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continuing needs.
- Manages calendar, schedules meeting, resolves scheduling conflicts, organizes department social functions, and arranges travel for the department to optimize work performance.
- Provides training and assistance to other administrative staff in the department to ensure deadlines are met.
- Creates and provides peer review of documents to ensure all documents produced adhere to established standards and to ensure quality control of final product.
- Maintains department information by developing filing systems and procedures, and updates and purges files.
- Handles higher level internal and external inquiries to support high level of customer satisfaction and communication.
- Compiles administrative information by researching sources; collecting and interpreting data; entering data; formatting and designing new formats for department use; maintaining database information.
- Undertakes general administrative duties with specific projects as required.
- Maintains office operations by assigning priorities; delegating tasks to clerical staff; following-up on results; establishing office supply inventory levels; troubleshooting equipment malfunctions; evaluating new systems and equipment
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of experience supporting a group doing document work.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated, takes initiative, works well with little or no supervision and has strong ability to multi-task.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and takes pride in doing a high quality work.
- Adept at working and communicating with different personalities. Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.