Hedge Fund Research Analyst
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Secondary Locations: Chicago,Illinois,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_052260-en Apply
As a leading Global Investment Consulting firm, Mercer Investment Consulting is seeking a junior Manager Research Analyst for our expanding global research group. The Global Research team has responsibility for manager research and works closely with consulting teams located around the world.
To fulfill this role, the research analyst will:
- Support lead manager researchers in undertaking due diligence on investment management firms and their strategies, primarily with respect to equity strategies
- Support lead manager researchers in making recommendations to the firm’s investment consultants as to the capability and suitability of the strategies for institutional clients
- Assist in preparing written reports covering research and opinions resulting from meetings with investment managers
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of a manager’s investment strategy and philosophy, portfolio management capabilities, and ability to implement investment ideas
- Assist researchers consultants during manager searches, including preparing comparative analysis on manager candidates
- Work on asset class or strategy specific research projects
- Working towards CFA, CFA candidate or equivalent experience
- Strong English language (written and oral) skills are essential
- Experience in the institutional investment management or consulting industries is helpful
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities with attention to detail, and excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and function independently
- Good business acumen to understand the research needs of consultants and respond accordingly
- Ability to travel regularly as required to meet with managers and consultants
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC). Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.