Investment Consulting Associate
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_050000-en Apply
The Investment Consulting Associate is responsible for working with and under the direction of consultants to develop and deliver customized solutions for institutional clients, such as endowments and other institutional asset pools. A primary work product will be reports to support quarterly meetings created with Mercer Proprietary tools as well as Microsoft office tools. To fulfill this role, the Investment Consulting Associate will:
- Gather data from Mercer capital markets, manager research, and performance reporting teams as well as from third party investment managers and custodians.
- Analyze different investment markets, managers' investment styles and portfolio characteristics and evaluate their impact on investment performance each quarter and produce accurate and detailed client reports through analysis of client-specific investment data in support of their consulting colleagues
- Examine and monitor developments at investment management firms and notify clients of critical issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Play an important role in investment manager searches, mutual fund selection, asset allocation studies and other investment-related activities
In support of senior consultants and client relationships, the Associate may participate in quarterly meetings and interact with client staff and committee members. Over time, meeting responsibilities will increase.
The Associate will participate in business development efforts and white paper development in support of Mercer’s not for profit client base.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content
- 3 years of related investment industry experience
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Overall good technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, with a High proficiency in Excel
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Should have an interest in pursuing a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or MBA degree