Compliance Analyst - Financial Advice
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Company: MercerJob ID R_042825-en Apply
- Newly created role - an exciting time to join Mercer and share your expertise and ideas
- Varied role - you will gain exposure to the entire Mercer Advice Business (Australia)
- Flexible working arrangements available
About the position
The Compliance and Peer Review Team help protect Mercer’s reputation and support business success by advancing Mercer’s culture of integrity and excellence, maintaining effective compliance, monitoring and risk management programs, and promoting high standards.
Mercer Financial Advice (Australia) requires a Compliance Analyst capable of reviewing a broad range of advice across a wide range of strategies. Using the results of these reviews, you will then educate and train advisers and other staff within the advice business on how to improve the quality and compliance of the services provided to customers.
This is a role with diverse responsibilities and will require an individual with broad experience across the financial advice industry. However, involvement in the direct preparation of complex advice strategy and Statements of Advice is highly desirable. The experience gained in this role will provide excellent opportunities for future career development.
- Review advice documents and associated files
- Communicate clearly and objectively to Financial Advisers and support staff the issues identified within the advice
- Establish and maintain a collaborative relationship with all stakeholders within Mercer Financial Advice as well as the broader Mercer Australia business
- Apply the Monitoring and Supervision framework for Mercer Financial Advice in addition to the overall compliance framework of Mercer Australia
- Assess and communicate the impact of relevant changes to legislation as well as new ASIC Reports and Regulatory Guides
Skills and experience
- Degree qualified in financial planning, finance, accounting or related fields of study
- Minimum Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within financial advice, focusing on the preparation and provision of advice to retail customers
- Working knowledge of financial planning modelling software, XPlan preferred
- Working knowledge of ASIC Regulatory Guides relating to the provision of advice to retail customers
- Understand operational and compliance risks, assess the level of risk and introduce processes to mitigate identified risks
- Ability to collate and analyse data, conduct root cause analysis and report on findings in addition to providing recommendations where appropriate to address issues identified
- Strong knowledge of the end to end process relating to the provision of financial advice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If you would like to work for a Global Leader that offers a range of health, wealth, and lifestyle benefits then, please apply by clicking on the APPLY button below addressing your cover letter to Parisa Holden.
As a global company, Mercer makes a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. Mercer Consumer Wealth, a core business of Mercer in the Pacific region, provides superannuation, financial advice, and superannuation administration and customer services for some of Australia’s largest superannuation funds, and more than 1.3 million Australians and New Zealanders.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex (including intersex), marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.