Executive Assistant to CEO & COO - Global Leader Insurance Broking & Risk Management
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Company: MarshJob ID R_047440-en Apply
- High profile position
- You will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth running of our Australian Headquarters (AHQ)
- Based in Sydney (Barangaroo)
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support our Chief Executive Officer & Chief Operating Officer.
The role is multi-faceted, with scope to grow. There will be plenty of variety, including diary management, arrangement of important meetings and internal events, as well as preparing presentations.
The position will draw on your professionalism, well-developed people and organisational skills and genuine interest in contributing to the overall success of the leadership team.
- Managing calendars, completion and authorisation of expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Planning, coordinating and ensuring schedules are maintained; at times, acts as the ‘gatekeeper’
- Prioritising conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively, with swift follow-through
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings with internal stakeholders, team members and clients
- Conducting research and compiling background information for executive meetings, while anticipating actions needed in advance through review of emails and calendar appointments
- Coordinating with leadership regarding colleague communications and Town Halls
- Assisting in administrative related tasks i.e. preparing documents and presentations
- Editing and creating documents using PowerPoint & Word while ensuring all documents produced adhere to global standards
- Co-ordinate tasks as assigned by Business Strategy Leader who works closely with the CEO. E.g. Executive meeting requirements and travel etc.
Skills and knowledge
- Prior experience in an Executive Assistant role, supporting a CEO or C-Suite professional within a large global organisation
- Ability to interface with employees and management at various levels within an organisation
- Proficient in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel would be advantageous
- Exceptional interpersonal, organisational, business communication and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and work efficiently against deadlines
- Good judgment and sensitivity to confidential documents, issues and information; and
- High level of diplomacy, tact and discretion
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marsh’s approximately 30,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people.
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Parisa Holden by using the link provided.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Marsh is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.