Senior Claims Manager
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Secondary Locations: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia;
Company: MarshJob ID R_057586-en Apply
Do you want to work for the world's leading risk specialist and insurance broker?
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified and experience Senior Claims Manager to join our Sydney team offering “top end” advocacy across all lines of insurance or specialising in your area of expertise! On a daily basis your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Managing the most complex claims and providing strategic claims advice to clients and brokers through consulting, advisory, advocacy and negotiation.
- Apply well developed technical expertise, account management and business development skills to achieve unit and Team Business plans and objectives
- Mentor and guide the team to achieve team goals and profit objectives
- Proactively seek to grow the claims practice through the retention and extension of existing clients and the establishment of new clients
- Maximise team and account profitability through the implementation of efficient and effective work practices, adequate client billing/time recording
- Meet and exceed service standards agreed in the clients service agreement
- Gain a thorough understanding of clients businesses, risk issues and claims management to ensure our services and programs continue to meet with their needs and expectations
- Apply and utilise your extensive understanding of all major classes of insurance with the company offers to its clients
- Interpret policy wordings & analysis claims history
The successful applicant will have excellent written and oral communication skills. We are looking for a Senior Claims Manager who can add value with their expertise to this team and work in a busy and at times demanding environment. As this is a client facing role as a person you will be required to have the following skills:
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with external and internal clients senior executives
- Have a collaborative approach to your work
- Demonstrate strong business and commercial acumen
- Excellent decision making and negotiation skills with the ability to influence
- Attention to detail
- Mature in outlook and strength of character to discuss complex issues with senior leaders and carry out meetings with confidence
You will need to have insurance claims experience with a minimum of 15 yrs + claims handling experience from insurance or a legal perspective, an ANZIFF Associate or law background/qualification would be advantageous.
If you are looking for a stimulating role in a truly global organisation that is committed to innovation and excellence, then look no further than Marsh. Apply through our website by clicking on the link and address your letter to Philippa Martin
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Marsh is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.