Technical Insurance Consultant
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Company: MarshJob ID R_024027-en Apply
About the role
A great opportunity now exists for an enthusiastic individual to join the Marsh Technical Services team as a Technical Consultant based in Sydney. In this position, you will be responsible for providing client facing staff/authorised representatives with technical assistance on all aspects of general liability insurance and other related matters.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provision of technical assistance to internal staff on all aspects of general insurance
- Keep abreast of all new technical, legislative and product developments in connection with all classes of general insurance (except financial lines and construction)
- Attend client/business development meetings to support client servicing
- Draft and review client policy wordings and endorsements
- Prepare technical articles for internal use and client newsletters
- Develop, review and maintain industry and manuscript pro-forma insurance wordings
- Conduct insurance training seminars and workshops on relevant classes of insurance
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with all staff
- Perform such other technical insurance based tasks as required
Skills and experience required:
- A strong insurance industry background in general liability with practical experience within broking, underwriting or claims
- Ideally, 10 years of industry experience
- A Diploma or Degree in Financial Services (Insurance or Insurance Broking specialisations)
- The successful candidate will be a hands-on individual who is capable of meeting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Solid customer service skills and experience, the ability to converse effectively at all levels while having a flexible approach to different situations
- Superior written and verbal skills, including experience and aptitude in report writing and oral presentation
Applicants with demonstrated experience who do not have these qualifications are encouraged to apply but must be willing to undertake further education to attain a Tier 1 Statement of Compliance in Insurance Broking practice.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marsh’s approximately 30,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people.How to applyPlease send your resume and cover letter to Parisa Holden by using the link provided.Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Marsh is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.