Engagement Manager – Associate/Sr. Associate
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Secondary Locations: The Woodlands,Texas,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_047725-en Apply
Engagement Manager – Associate/Sr. Associate
Our company is experiencing incredible growth in our EM Practice and we are looking for leaders in this space to join the team and make a lasting impact on a fast-growing organization. We are looking for individuals with vast project experience that can develop our team, satisfy customers, and push our company to implement more effective ways of deploying Workday.
We are Mercer Digital, a part of Mercer, looking to bring the expertise of the world’s largest HR consulting company to the digital space. The career opportunities for EM leaders have never been broader on our team and we’d love to have a discussion with you, if you are interested in exploring new opportunities.
The Engagement Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday solution for Medium Enterprise Fortune 500 clients. The Engagement Manager will drive the client implementation and will be involved in the development of several key project deliverables (e.g., charter, project/staffing plan, issue logs, etc.) and work with the Client project manager to resolve issues that stand in the way of project success. The Engagement Manager will also be responsible for managing to the agreed to budget and delivering the project profitably.
- Become an expert in Workday's Implementation Methodology and leverage it on all engagements.
- Manage the implementation of 4-6 simultaneous, mid-sized projects.
- Demonstrate competency in the Workday product suite (or similar product) including HCM and Financials
- Participate in the sales cycle when requested to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other resources working on the implementation.
- Ensure projects are properly planned and staffed.
- Work with the client project manager to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or time frames.
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints.
- Present at Executive Steering Committee meetings.
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices.
- Be a liaison for Delivery when interacting with Sales and/or development.
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings.
- Ensure the client can serve as a reference upon completing their implementation.
- Assist in the transition of the customer from implementation to production support.
- Ensure the project is delivered within the budget outlined in the SOW.
- Present client with change orders in the event they're asking Workday to perform tasks that are outside the scope of the SOW.
- 3+ years of experience project managing for financial implementations within Medium-Enterprise or Fortune 500 Clients.
- Consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company.
- Experience implementing Workday, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft or similar ERP application.
- Working knowledge with at least one of the following business areas: General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Services procurement.
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills.
- Passion for customer service.
- Business development skills.
- Knowledge of Internet technology.
- Previous experience with a major systems integrator and/or an enterprise software company a plus.
- Previous service sales experience a plus. Successful candidates have a balance of functional (business) and technical experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
What We Offer:
As part of Mercer, we offer top-notch benefits:
Matching 401k, with a company match of 50% on your 6% contribution; in addition, Mercer provides a 4% fixed contribution on your behalf (whether you contribute or not)
Multiple medical, dental, and vision plans with choices to fit all needs and budgets
Benefits coverage starting Day 1
Generous time-off policy: 4 weeks’ paid vacation, 9 paid holidays in 2018, and 10 sick days allotted, so that you do not have to take vacation days in the event you are sick
Monthly technology allowance of $100 (net amount)
Quarterly bonus based on utilization (target of 1800 hours)
In addition, Mercer has TONS of benefits that are too numerous to describe (scholarships for dependents, deals on auto and pet insurance, discounts on products and services, and more)
If you are interested in joining a top Workday partner (top ME partner, according to Workday), please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.