Principal Consultant (CPSG Partners LLC d/b/a Mercer Digital – Woodlands, TX)
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_096190-en Apply
TITLE: Principal Consultant (CPSG Partners LLC d/b/a Mercer Digital – Woodlands, TX)
- Understand and map out the current business processes to create the current state, or “as-is”, business document as part of the Business Blue printing phase.
- Serve as subject matter expert for all Workday Integration related issues.
- Collaborate with both client and project teams to design future or “to-be” business documents to be presented to clients.
- Scope and estimate various work efforts to develop advanced solutions for customers.
- Identify development objects for client’s business process that address gaps identified in GAP Analysis.
- Write detailed functional specifications and guide Technical Consultants in the development of code for any additional, non-standard functionality requirements as desired by the client.
- Develop testing strategy, scenarios, and test data as well as participate in testing such as Functional Unit Testing, String Testing, and Integration Testing Cycles.
- Train team members and assist in developing team to resolve issues in post-production.
- Lead a Practice Area within the Deployment Team to ensure quality of delivered work meets business needs in post-production support environment and throughout all project phases.
- Assist the Deployment Team Director in revenue forecasting and planning. Lead the development of advanced configuration solutions.
- Responsible for delegating and the delivery of all requests within designated practice area.
- Maintain proper communication channel between deployment team and project team.
- Triage escalated tickets and ensure solution delivery on these tickets.
- Mentor new hires to be client facing and train new hires in consulting skills.
- Manage, develop, and retain top talent.
- Mentor and train resources in both consulting and technical best practices.
- Manage workload and quality assurance of delivery for all work effort of corresponding team.
- Provide feedback to team members and collect input from other team members and leaders, as needed.
- Monitor team’s workload and utilization.
- Work with practice area director to ensure resources capabilities are accurate as part of staffing process.
- Effectively deliver guidance and constructive feedback that encourages developmental needs of more complex teams.
- Take ownership for grooming talent for key positions and build people manager capabilities through encouraging proactive learning, coaching, and two-way feedback.
- Create learning opportunities and include colleagues in projects that will accelerate their development and help them to achieve their goals.
- Evaluate individual and team competencies and growth areas to create tailored development opportunities.
- Provide targeted learning opportunities for team members.
- Link individual development opportunities with short- and long-term business needs.
- Understand strategic talent needs within Practice Area, Line of Business (“LOB”), geography, or function and make plans to “buy or build” future talent to meet evolving technical, market, and business requirements.
- Work with HR, RDP, and Leadership to create processes (e.g., inclusive hiring, career advancement and promotion, project and client assignment and, succession planning processes) to ensure that the overall organizational culture is inclusive.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering (any), Management Information Systems, or a related field plus eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in the job offered, or as a Specialist Senior, Senior Consultant, Consultant, Assistant Systems Engineer or a related position.
- Must have eight (8) years of experience with: Web Services; XML; XSLT; Java; middleware platforms including Boomi and webMethods; developing complex integrations using eclipse platform; inbound and outbound ERP and SaaS connectors; custom reporting; SOAP UI; writing complex Document Transformations (“DT”); Payroll Interfaces including PECI, PICOF, and ERP; absences, time tracking, payroll and benefit vendors; HIPAA 834 layout; setting up SSO and SAML; building Active Directory integrations; developing app engines and writing SQRs; and designing integrations architecture flowcharts.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.