Commercial Insurance Associate Advisor - Infrastructure
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_051578-en Apply
Title: Associate, Infrastructure
Primary Location: Toronto (Alternative: Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal)
Summary: The Associate role is designed as a dual function role of both Project Manager and Industry Specialist. In this role the Associate will work closely with the Infrastructure Leader as well as colleagues across various offices and industry segments to risk advisory and insurance brokerage services. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in developing into a senior industry expert and is looking for a structured path and opportunity to learn the requisite skills to ensure their future success. The Associate will be responsible for organizing engagements with large and complex infrastructure projects on behalf of contractors, developers and infrastructure investors and delivering insurance and risk analysis reports and supporting materials. Associate will offer technical advice and makes informed recommendations leveraging 1) product expertise, 2) a comprehensive review of client/project needs and risks, and 3) colleagues with various appropriate specialties. The Associate will also support the sales process through research, risk identification and analysis of client, project-specific and industry sources.
- Project and client/prospect analysis, opportunity identification, and prospect campaign support and follow up.
- Gathers internal and external information including: industry risk profile, benchmarking, client strategic goals and objectives, market conditions report, total cost of risk, and current services.
- Ensures timeframes and deliverables are met in the sales process
- Keeps up to date on prospects' & clients current issues, researches new information on prospects.
- Supports sales efforts by adhering to department operations, mining various industry databases and providing timely and accurate opportunity data to track and monitor activities for management reporting and sales forecasts.
- Support strategy, coordinate resources and design presentation content for business development opportunities
- Develops relevant industry and technical expertise including: client risk identification, BBE client engagement strategy, opportunity management and funnel management
- Consult with internal Marsh Client Teams and/or third party Risk Consultants to assess risk and strategize project requirements
- Assist with the collection of project information from clients directly or via Marsh Client Team and/or third party Risk Consultants
- Manages overall project engagement process for account work and monitors progress ensuring timeframes are effectively planned and high-quality products or solutions successfully delivered.
- Assist in managing and reviewing all infrastructure project materials and structuring work-streams including the management of various deliverables
- Review client/prospect project and contract exposures and analyze the risk to determine the product/service requirements.
- Delivers several outputs including insurance plans, risk matrices, pricing proposals and due diligence reports.
- Compile quotation review/comparison reports for internal and client use
- Prepares premium allocation and risk allocation for taxation purposes where applicable.
- Responds to client inquiries and insurer coverage/documentation requests; solves problems regarding client account issues.
- Complies with Marsh Excellence and Professional Standards to ensure quality service to all clients including file maintenance and computerized files.
- Develop a working relationship with all functions within the company to improve client service and increase cross-selling opportunities;
- Engage the appropriate industry group and Marsh resources to offer best in-front resources for each client/prospect;
- Utilize and contribute to the company’s network that builds and shares sales and placement information and make use of company’s network resources to enhance productivity and economic benefits to both Marsh and the client;
- Conducts research and to support the development of industry related reports, surveys, webinars and presentations as well as new products.
- Prepares and sends transmittal documents to client (as required)
- Prepare coverage specification and project submissions (as required)
- Market and negotiate project submission to various carriers (as required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Graduate degree preferred)
- Preferred - Work experience within an insurance and risk consulting environment and/or construction field, preferably including one or more insurance related designations or degrees.
- Relevant infrastructure experience – P3s, renewables, project finance - as underwriter, broker, consultant, financier, technical adviser, owner, developer, contractor etc.
- Hold appropriate license(s) or commitment to secure licenses within 90 days of start date;
- Strong business acumen including a well-rounded knowledge of general business function, finance and issues;
- Comfortable with ambiguity;
- Able to synthesize complex matters effectively and concisely;
- Have an enthusiastic and tenacious approach with a strong commitment to learning;
- Self-starter with problem-solving skills but committed to seeking guidance from subject matter experts;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders operating in different functions;
- Strong organizational skills in prioritizing work, multi-tasking and consistently meeting deadlines;
- Results oriented with a strong client service orientation and proactive in solving client needs with a sense of urgency in all client matters;
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team; and
- Able to manage involvement in a number of simultaneous initiatives, deliver work to agreed deadlines, and work well with a variety of individuals across a complex and evolving business;
- Robust attention to detail relating insurance contracts, legal documentation and various written and financial reports.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Marsh will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Claudia Walter at (514) 841 7880 or Claudia.email@example.com
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.