Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_079245-en Apply
As a Billing Specialist, you will support a team of consultants in the Wealth department in Toronto.
- Provide client invoicing and Consultant time keeping support via:◦Accurate client account/project code set-up
- Discipline to ensure timely and accurate invoicing of clients
- Assist with FLASH on a timely and accurate basis. Generate reports and distribute to client teams for verification of hours and description of services
- Assist with set up codes and liaise with the system administrator (find out what the client assignments will be, initiate codes in the system, add codes to pick list as needed, etc) and advise consultants of codes to use
- Serve as liaison to office Accounting/Unit Finance
- Work with client team to provide description of services performed.
- Act as local conversion expert via:◦Tracking relevant Engagement letter/Scope of work/Project/Policy
- Creating/running reports
- Researching agreements in the internal system to include follow-up with consultants
- Maintain master document and monthly email/updates
- Create/renew/validate account/project codes in the system in a timely manner and collect necessary documentation from consultants
- Return or transfer all misapplied commissions that do not belong to office
Qualifications and Competencies:
- College or bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year experience; account payable / receivable, financial analysis or accounting background (internships included);
- Experience in professional services environment preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with experience in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Organizational, time management, execution and tracking skills
- Can work autonomously
- Quantitative aptitudes
- Strong communications skills
Our company culture
Our fundamental values unite us as a firm — across offices and geographies, businesses and solutions, generations and cultures. More than 28,000 companies and their employees around the world thrive by engaging with Mercer because we believe:
- People are at the heart of everything. They drive our innovation, our solutions, and our passions.
- The future is made in the actions we take today. Together, we have the power to create healthier, happier, and more rewarding tomorrows.
This purpose unites our colleagues around the world, and these principles reflect our commitment to the individuals and families whose lives we impact every day.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
At Mercer, we’re creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. When you join us, you bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to a team that values you personally and professionally – regardless of who you are, what you look like, where you were raised or born, who you love, or what your religious beliefs are. You are welcome here.
Chez Mercer, nous favorisons une culture d’entreprise qui vous permet d’etre vraiment vous- même au travail. Lorsque vous joignez nos rangs, vous contribuez, par votre énergie inclusive et votre enthousiasme, à une équipe qui vous apprécie à la fois sur les plans personnel et professionnel – peu importe qui vous êtes, votre apparence, l’endroit où vous êtes né ou avez grandi, qui vous aimez ou vos croyances religieuses. Ici, la porte vous est grande ouverte.