Client Executive Real Estate
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_045227-en Apply
The Client Executive (CE) for Real Estate is responsible for growing satisfied client relationships, acquiring new clients and partnering with various resources to provide superior client solutions. The CE is ultimately fully accountable for all solutions and resource delivery to the client as well as the management and growth of the client P&L, individually and in the aggregate across a book of business.
- Fully accountable for the retention of all client accounts and maximizing the client P&L including working capital and expense management, individually and across the book of business.
- Build and maintain effective and sustainable relationships with clients on an enterprise-wide basis and identify key decision makers, working to institutionalize the ‘Client-Marsh’ relationship.
- Based upon a thorough understanding of the clients\prospects business sector, activities and products\services, determination of their risk profile, priorities and risk management philosophy - develop solutions that address their specific needs through the appropriate use of Marsh Industry and Specialty Practice resources.
- Demonstrate strategic and tactical leadership in the development and placement of client solutions including active participation with the broking and\or specialty teams; capable of moving the market if required through effective market relationships.
- Responsible for team awareness and compliance with all Marsh Excellence & Professional Standards initiatives and protocols including compliance and transparency to minimize risk to the firm.
- Engagement of the Marsh Senior Relationship Officer (SRO) pro-actively in respect of client issues, growth opportunities and Pricing of Services (POS).
- Leverage our in-house proprietary technologies in respect of MarshForce, ‘3D’ and the overall MMC family of relationships to the client’s advantage.
- Documentation of the scope of service and compensation in a Client Service Agreement.
- The determination of the pricing of services in conjunction with the SRO and or Unit Leader including the value of the Marsh network through NPT, and the qualitative review of value and hours employed in servicing the client through MTime.
- Present renewal and\or new business proposals to existing or prospective clients.
- Communicate client needs and binding instructions to the Placement Specialists and\or directly to insurers or Client Rep (depending upon office structure).
- Implement and maintain a quality post-sales service plan including ensuring the accuracy of binders, policies and other relevant documents as well as the management of all outstanding issues to ensure the efficacy of complete service delivery.
- Conduct renewal planning and\or ‘3D’ strategy sessions with the client on an annual basis to keep clients abreast of industry issues and ensure engagement in the risk and insurance strategy.
- Generate new sales through existing clients and client referrals in accordance with the business growth plan.
- Collaborate broadly across the organization to be able to understand, manage and deliver, ‘Best in Class’ intellectual capital and service to the client while contributing to the internal network that builds and shares sales and placement information.
- To be fluent in the capabilities of Marsh, it’s various operating groups and specialties as well as the MMC family of firms.
- Manage the feedback on Marsh’s execution of projects and renewals as a result of Client Satisfaction Surveys and ongoing client dialogue.
- Participate in business-related community and/or professional associations to develop effective Centers of Influence.
- Participate in professional development activities/courses.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to colleagues in other areas or developmental positions.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience within an insurance and risk consulting environment, preferably including one or more insurance related designations or degrees
- Hold appropriate license - RIBO
- Strong business acumen including a well-rounded knowledge of general business function, finance and issues
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization including the ‘C’ Suite.
- Strong organizational skills in prioritizing work, multi-tasking and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative to be proactive.
- Results oriented with a strong client service orientation and proactive in solving client needs with a sense of urgency in all client matters.
- Effective team player.
- Computer literate with proficiency in email, spreadsheet, and presentation software as well as in-house proprietary financial and sales-reporting systems (Salesforce an asset).
- Ethically beyond reproach
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.