Client Representative - Construction
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_046580-en Apply
Provide excellent client service to drive revenue retention at Marsh Canada Limited in conjunction with Client Teams.
Contributes to revenue retention and revenue growth by assisting in the implementation of insurance solutions that meet clients’ needs. Supports clients and client facing professionals within the team.
- Serves as first point of contact for day to day communication with clients
- Works directly with Client Executives or Associate Client Executives to provide client with the best possible service
- Provide quality day to day service on client deliverables, including but not limited to the following:
- Collection of renewal information from clients.
- Use Microsoft Excel and other means to analyze changes in expiring versus renewal information
- Obtain loss runs and renewal information requirements from underwriters
- Preparation of renewal strategy documents
- Preparation of coverage specifications/submissions.
- Review and analysis of quotation / comparisons.
- Assist in producing client proposals, analysis and presentations.
- Prepare transparency/PDCS documents
- Coordinate work with CSS –such as certificate listings/Client Service Instructions and invoicing/allocation/’loader’ preparation
- As needed - participate in client meetings, underwriter meetings, and group presentations.
- Possess a good knowledge of the client’s operations and insurance programs.
- Accountable for coordination of binder/cover notes & invoice issuance for each line of coverage.
- Prepare premium allocation and risk allocation for billing and taxation purposes
- Prepare client letters according to Professional Standards enclosing binder/cover notes.
- Manage the billing and accounts receivable activity on assigned accounts.
- Review insurance policies for accuracy and coordinate corrections if applicable with insurers.
- Prepare and/or send transmittal documents to client.
- Coordinate with CSS the issuance of insurance certificate and auto ID cards, when applicable.
- Prepare Summary of Insurance
- Prepare Stewardship Reports
- Update Client Service Instructions for CSS including providing Underwriters names/contact information.
- Follow up on client ‘Subjectivities’
- Update client service team charts, as necessary
On Going Basis:
- Complies with Marsh Professional Standards to ensure quality service to all clients including file maintenance and computerized files.
- Develop, monitor, update and ensure compliance with Renewal Action Plan.
- Responds to client inquiries and insurer coverage/documentation requests; solves problems regarding client account issues.
- Interact regularly with colleagues/managers, clients, underwriters and premium financing companies.
- Reporting of claims as required.
- Review of insurance contract clauses.
- Maintain renewal lists for the service team.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 1 year commercial insurance experience.
- Holds a RIBO or willingness to obtain one within 3 months
- Possess a solid understanding of basic property/casualty insurance principals and risk management concepts.
- Detail oriented with good computer skills with proficiency in email, word processing and spreadsheet software, as well as working knowledge of presentation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Results oriented with a strong client service focus.
- Ability to work independently and within a team-based environment.
- Strong organizational skills in prioritizing work, multi-tasking and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Proactive, details and results oriented
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience with Construction Insurance is an asset.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Marsh will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Claudia Walter at (514) 841 7880 or Claudia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.